Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed foods

Today I started the "pureed" foods stage and have no idea what to eat. Are "mushies" pureed foods or soft foods? I have to be on pureed foods for a week before I can move to soft foods and I'm at a loss...I really just can't handle eating baby food for whatever reason it creeps me out. Does anyone have any recipes for pureed foods?

mashed potatoes ok, puree chicken just put a small amount in blender and puree, veggies too, just puree, carrots are the best,,, I start this on wed, cottage cheese ok, scrambled eggs(mushy) I will be eating mostly chicken and mashed potatoes, plain yogurt ok too hope this helps

Today I started the "pureed" foods stage and have no idea what to eat. Are "mushies" pureed foods or soft foods? I have to be on pureed foods for a week before I can move to soft foods and I'm at a loss...I really just can't handle eating baby food for whatever reason it creeps me out. Does anyone have any recipes for pureed foods?

pureed foods should be the consistency of pudding or applesauce (depending on what you're trying to puree)... A few of my faves were tuna (chopped a bit in the food processor) with some onion powder, garlic powder, and low calorie miracle whip (about a tablespoon for every 3 oz of tuna), canned chicken chopped up a bit with one weight watchers cream cheese serving and a bit of hot sauce... some low calorie buffalo chicken dip, lol or a pureed sweet potato with some cinnamon, a packet of sweet'n'low (or whatever artificial sweetener you like), and a tiny amount of low calorie spread such as "I Can't believe It's Not Butter"... You can puree any Soup you like as well. I ate a lot of french onion soup with unflavored Protein Powder. Good luck!!!

I get to start on mushies next week. A friend of mine that was banded about a year ago gave me a couple of ideas of things that she ate that were easy to take with you to work as well. She made up some 4 oz cups of fat free refried Beans with a little chile seasoning. then she sprinkled a little fat free cheese on top and put it in the microwave and heated it a little. She said it was delicous. She also used a little marinara sauce and low fat ricotta cheese to make little lasagna cups with no noodles.

I dont think I will be too choosy when i can finally have something. My doc had me on the liquid diet for 2 weeks preparing for surgery and then 2 weeks post op, so I will be happy with anything. lol

Good luck!

I'm definitely going shopping tomorrow for some Soups and refried beans! I honestly didn't think I would be so choosy once I got to this stage I mean I was basically drooling at the idea of refried Beans in the first week lol.

I am no one to give advice because I'm not there yet, but the nurse in my Dr's office said a patient told her that the thought of pureed made her sick until she had some Chili in the blender pureed. I don't know if its good or not, but I'm looking forward to going to Wendy's for a small cup to try it out pureed.

I was on pureed for 4 weeks. My doc is a little different I am finding out. Was on liquid for 3 weeks after surgery then the puree for 4 weeks. Just had my fill on Wednesday and back to liquid for 2 days now on pureed for 2 days then I finally get to eat real food on Sunday. I am soooooo excited! Also another thing I was not allowed during pureed was chicken, beef, rice or noodles. So I had to get creative. I did have tilapia, salmon, sole, or blue hake every day. I also had egg beaters every morning. I also did he low fat ricotta and spaghetti sauce, refried Beans, and mashed potatoes. I found a wonderful cottage cheese that saved my life! It is by darigold and it has smashed pineapples already added. Delicious! I also had pickled beets. They are so soft that I jus chewed them really well and they were mushed. I did the same thing with Bush's baked Beans. They mush real well with your tongue. I did the vegi version so I didn't have to deal with the hunk of bacon in them. They also have a few less calories. One of my favs was blending califlower after I steamed it with a bit of ff milk and some light butter. Yummy! I also found that if I boiled potatoes a little more than you would for potato salad I could still make potato salad that was easy to mash with my tongue and teeth. I just used potatoes, a hard boiled egg and mashed real well, some goldens brown mustard, and some ff mayo. It was nice to have when I got sick of eating hot food.< /p>

I know all these things - beans, potatoes, etc have a lot of carbs in them and some have more fat but if you make sure you measure and eat only the serving size and keep track of how many calories you are eating you will still lose weight. I lost about 2 lbs a week while I followed this diet. My doc said usually people gain during the mushies so don't freak if you do. Now that I had my first fill I have notice a huge difference in the last 2 days. I haven't eatten much! I am so happy. I feel great! All total since May 24th when I started my presurgery diet I have lost 44lbs. Most of which I lost after surgery on June 28th.

I hope some of these ideas work for you and anyone else out there with mushie worries!

I was on pureed for 4 weeks. My doc is a little different I am finding out. Was on liquid for 3 weeks after surgery then the puree for 4 weeks. Just had my fill on Wednesday and back to liquid for 2 days now on pureed for 2 days then I finally get to eat real food on Sunday. I am soooooo excited! Also another thing I was not allowed during pureed was chicken, beef, rice or noodles. So I had to get creative. I did have tilapia, salmon, sole, or blue hake every day. I also had egg beaters every morning. I also did he low fat ricotta and spaghetti sauce, refried Beans, and mashed potatoes. I found a wonderful cottage cheese that saved my life! It is by darigold and it has smashed pineapples already added. Delicious! I also had pickled beets. They are so soft that I jus chewed them really well and they were mushed. I did the same thing with Bush's baked Beans. They mush real well with your tongue. I did the vegi version so I didn't have to deal with the hunk of bacon in them. They also have a few less calories. One of my favs was blending califlower after I steamed it with a bit of ff milk and some light butter. Yummy! I also found that if I boiled potatoes a little more than you would for potato salad I could still make potato salad that was easy to mash with my tongue and teeth. I just used potatoes, a hard boiled egg and mashed real well, some goldens brown mustard, and some ff mayo. It was nice to have when I got sick of eating hot food.< /p>

I know all these things - beans, potatoes, etc have a lot of carbs in them and some have more fat but if you make sure you measure and eat only the serving size and keep track of how many calories you are eating you will still lose weight. I lost about 2 lbs a week while I followed this diet. My doc said usually people gain during the mushies so don't freak if you do. Now that I had my first fill I have notice a huge difference in the last 2 days. I haven't eatten much! I am so happy. I feel great! All total since May 24th when I started my presurgery diet I have lost 44lbs. Most of which I lost after surgery on June 28th.

I hope some of these ideas work for you and anyone else out there with mushie worries!

Those are great ideas thank you!! Did you puree the fish before you ate it or were you able to eat normal cooked fish?

I eat all my fish normally. It is so soft the doc said I didn't need to puree it. I found that Ocean Market Tilapia and Sole, even their teriyaki salmon were delicious. They are really cheap here in Idaho as well. I get 4oz of any of them for $1. I just use pam spray, salt, pepper, and either ms dash lemon pepper or a new one I just found from McCormick called Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper. It is soooooooo yummy!