Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys, I'm just curious to see if anyone that is banded has also tried hcg since being banded and what were the results?

I am curious as well. A friends doctor put her on HCG for her 6 month pre-op diet. She is losing at a good rate. I had never heard of this diet until she told me about it. She was also very surprised that her doctor put her on it. I would love to hear other thoughts on this.

I used HCG and the VLC diet several times and it's always worked for me, once after surgery. Since then I've switched to a Paleo/Caveman diet and continued to loose weight, without watching my calories and fat.

Thanks guys! I am a HUGE fan of hcg and previously lost 60 lbs on it. I was able to keep it off until I got pregnant, and then my weight shot back up. I can't lose weight to save my life! Now I am in the process of being banded, and I was just thinking how wonderful hcg would be afterward to speed up the process since you generally don't lose as fast as you would if you got the bypass.

Personally I don't believe in HCG. I don't want to add extra hormones into my body. Also VLC diets screw up your metabolism.

And I lost as fast as many RnY'ers with just the band and following the band guidelines.

Personally I don't believe in HCG. I don't want to add extra hormones into my body. Also VLC diets screw up your metabolism.

And I lost as fast as many RnY'ers with just the band and following the band guidelines.

This ;) Why get banded if you can just starve yourself on 500 calories!

I have no clue what HCG and I could Google it... however, based on the posters above who have tried it, it sounds like a fad to me. Sure, it sounds like it worked temporarily but then everyone regained the weight.

I don't think it is a good idea to mess with your natural hormone levels if that's what it involves. Your body works the way it does for a reason. Change your weight using healthy eating and exercise.

I was banded three years ago in April and lost 120+lbs. Within the past six months, I've had to have two unfills/refills, gaining back about 25lbs. I recently started the HCG and was very weary at first. I was constantly starving and feeling exhausted. It's day 11 for me and I've lost about 9lbs, after having one day of not following the diet exact (I had a tiny bit of froyo and popcorn.) I have noticed no difference of having lap band or not with the diet, comparing my results/symptoms to my mom's, who is not a lap band patient. I would agree that at first, it sounded a lot like a fad diet but personally, I've seen three friends who have gone on the diet, went through all three phases and stopped, gaining no more than about 8lbs back. As long as you stick to a healthy diet afterward, I see no issue in staying the relatively same weight. The only reason I went on the diet was to lose a quick fifteen before I go on vacation. Being on week two, my cravings and severe hunger has subsided... I've found some good recipes and got into a routine that has worked :) Definitely worthwhile!

I don't even know what kind of diet this is... I have not stopped to google it either..

I hope it's not pills where some Lawyer will come on TV in a few years and tell you do to the Damage this has caused you can file suit.

I think I'll just stick to the rules... Besides, I'm in this for the Long Haul anyway.

Good Luck to whatever it is your doing.

Shirley.

Exactly...this isn't about speed weight loss. It is about permanent weight loss. This whole journey is about changing your lifestyle, not losing weight quickly. I am down 40 lbs in 12 weeks and while sometimes I wish it was more, I know that I am doing it the right way...not by starving myself and using hormones.

I ordered the HCG and I'm extremely excited about it! I can get down to my goal weight then I can maintain it by eating healthy and as long as I stick to the little portion and with having Lapband It should be simple as that! Dont hate on something you don't know anything about. Ever heard don't knock it before you try it? People say the same things about Lapband only because they don't know anything about it and just think its a quick fix and an easy way out...but as we all know here that is far from the truth!!!! So I think a little extra boost and help with a natural hormone won't hurt anyone!!!!

I have to admit that I've used HCG instead of the lap band to lose most of my weight. It wasn't worth it to me to get to restriction and not be able to get real food without getting stuck. I did 3-25 day rounds of HCG and lost 65 lbs. I recently got pregnant after trying for the past 3 years and have restriction for the first time since getting the band and I dont like it. I can't eat anything without it getting stuck. Have an appt to get Fluid removed. With HCG it doesnt affect my metabolism, in fact just the opposite.

That's good to hear you lost 65 lbs on it!! I just ordered my 25 day round and I was worried 25 wouldn't be enough, after I ordered it of course lol, but I just want to lose around 35 more pounds to be at goal so maybe 2 rounds of 25 day hcg will get me there! You are wanting all your Fluid out?? I think after I get to my goal and stay there for a few months and maintain it I might try and get a little out cause i get stuck very easily right now so I find myself eating slider foods!!! I might just get a slight unfill!!!

Well I did google it and there are many warnings about it. I say you paid all this money for the surgery, why not just step up your exercise instead of starving yourself.

I could probably do it because since surgery I really never have any hunger but I would like to keep what hair I have and what muscle I have.

Anyway to each his own, just be careful is you choose to do this.

Cheri

That's just it you don't starve. I have been reading up on this for 2 weeks now on hcgdietinfo.com it's a forum just like this one and there are nothing but success stories! Your not gonna lose your hair in 3-4 weeks its not something I have to do for the rest of my life it's just for 25 days. I just figured that if I did it and lost the remaining 35 pounds that I'm having trouble losing then I can just maintain it from then on. Im willing to give it a try! If it's not for me and my hair falls out well then i won't do it again and hair does grow back :))