Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inexpensive Jeans

Where can I go to find inexpensive jeans? All my jeans have big holes from chub rub, but I don't want to spend a lot since I don't plan on being here long. wink.gif

I'm looking for size 18 or 20.

Thrift store... and when you lose weight we have a place that sells name brand second hand stuff much cheaper than the department store. $15-20 for nice jeans. Wal-Mart sells cheap stuff as well.

Salvation Army!

Resale shops. Ross. Marshalls. Goodwill.

Freecycle.org

do a google search for "cheapcycle" groups in your area.

ebay.

blujay.com

Have fun!

Where can I go to find inexpensive jeans? All my jeans have big holes from chub rub, but I don't want to spend a lot since I don't plan on being here long. wink.gif

If you have one in your area Burke's Outlet is a great store for cheap jeans and dress clothes and they do have a plus size section. You can shop the clearance rack at most stores and find good deals. I found some $9.99 jeans at Ashley Stewart (plus size store) the other day with an additional discount, $9 jeans at Maurice's (they have a plus sized section, but I got a 17/18 out the juniors), and a $15 jean jacket at the Avenue (plus size store) with an additional discount. You just gotta look, but deals are out there. You may also want to try Rainbow (got a pair of $10 white jeans awhile back) or Simply Fashions. I never pay full price for anything. I also do alot of shopping online. If you shop online do a web search for coupon codes and there's usually one out there. There is always a 50% off coupon code for the Avenue! Happy shopping!

I spent the first 9 months buying (or I should say renting ;) ) my clothes from Goodwill. I was in and out of sizes too fast to waste my money on new clothes. My local Goodwill sells all jeans for $6.00 and I found some nice designer jeans that I actually hated to give up when I would shrink down to th next size.

Goodwill and salvation army are my favs for everything....just did all my back to school shopping there, and it looks like I spent a fortune!! but I didn't!!

Here's twist on the problem. I can only wear petite length. I'm 5'1".

I went to goodwill last night. They didn't have anything in petite lengths.

I went to a consignment shop and found a pair of capris. They fit PERFECTLY which means in a week they will be too big. But it's better than all the jeans that have chub rub holes in them. They were 8 bucks. Which is about the price range I am looking for.

Here's twist on the problem. I can only wear petite length. I'm 5'1".

I went to goodwill last night. They didn't have anything in petite lengths.

I went to a consignment shop and found a pair of capris. They fit PERFECTLY which means in a week they will be too big. But it's better than all the jeans that have chub rub holes in them. They were 8 bucks. Which is about the price range I am looking for.

As a fellow shorty, I completely feel for you. It is much harder for us to shop but if you can be persistent hopefully you will be able to find enough to get you through. Goodwill is on my way from work so I checked there 2-3 times a week because they are constantly getting new stuff in. I learned that Salvation Army got their truck in on Wedesday morning so I would swing by there every Wed after work. There are a few church-run thrift stores that I would hit up on the weekends, yard sales brought some luck too. I never went in expecting to get a big haul and sometimes came out empty-handed but I just checked regularly and managed to get by and save a lot of money.

I just thought of another thing you may want to check. My surgeons office at one time had a clothing swap thing going I am not sure how well it worked out because by that point I was nearing the end of my loss but I thought it was a brilliant idea!

You can get Iron on tape to hem your own pants at any fabric store. I think it is called Stitch Witchery and is super easy to use and comes in a roll. You just put a damp cloth on it and iron it down. It lasts through many many many warnings and dryings. Super easy and cheap!