Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks post op and need some help!

Hi everyone - this is my first time posting on here and I love reading some of your comments.

I was banded on 3/2 of this year.. just hit the 3 week mark and I'm down 23 lbs so far.. from what my surgeon told me my band is not filled at all until my first fill (which happens to be next week).

I've kind of hit a plateau with weight loss. I've stayed the same weight now for about a week. My surgeon's diet had me start eating solid foods at the beginning of week 3. I've been exercising and sticking with the game plan. Has anyone else had this "plateau" at the start? I might be slightly crazy with losing a lot of weight to start but I really am putting forward a lot of effort to make this work. When I get my first fill will there be a major difference?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!!

Hey, I'm 2 weeks post-op and down 20lbs. this is normal according to my nutritionist. We still have some swelling. The weight will drop once you start to get your fills. Hang in there it's more about healing right now the weight loss will come.

thanks for all the great questions and replys i got my band on 3/1/11 and im on that plateau im down 20 pounds but i have ate solid food i shold not of but im just going to start all over in the morning good luck gerrad and amanda

Hi everyone - this is my first time posting on here and I love reading some of your comments.

I was banded on 3/2 of this year.. just hit the 3 week mark and I'm down 23 lbs so far.. from what my surgeon told me my band is not filled at all until my first fill (which happens to be next week).

I've kind of hit a plateau with weight loss. I've stayed the same weight now for about a week. My surgeon's diet had me start eating solid foods at the beginning of week 3. I've been exercising and sticking with the game plan. Has anyone else had this "plateau" at the start? I might be slightly crazy with losing a lot of weight to start but I really am putting forward a lot of effort to make this work. When I get my first fill will there be a major difference?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!!

This is my first time posting here, I got my lap band on March 1 and I am down 15lbs. I do not get my fill until April 20 and I worry that I will gain this weight back as I am starting solid foods on Monday. It seems like I am not getting full that fast now since my band is not filled. My doctor told me that this will be the hardest part of this whole process because I will be hungry because the band is not filled and they do not like to fill it until 6 weeks after surgey to give you time to heal. he told me not to get discouraged so I am not, I have starting exercising more now and hoping that will keep the weight off. My doctor also told me that he thinks if people lose 15 lbs before their frist fill they are doing well.

I guess we just have to make sure we are picking healthy choices and eat healthier when we start solid food.

I look forward to talking to everyone on here.

Good Luck

Hey, I'm 2 weeks post-op and down 20lbs. this is normal according to my nutritionist. We still have some swelling. The weight will drop once you start to get your fills. Hang in there it's more about healing right now the weight loss will come.

Reading that made me feel a whole lot better!! I lost 18lbs and its my 3rd week. and im stuck i cant seem to lose any weaght for a week now. As much as i try to eat good and cardio the wight stays the same :(

So once I get my fill it should help alot? :)

Thanks for the post. I am in week 3 and have lost 16 lbs. I too have stalled but this is encouraging!

I am 3 months post op and i went through the same thing. I lost 27 pounds in 2 weeks then nothing. NOw im 50 pounds down. It will get a little better after your first fill. Im on my second fill and its getting better. Just hang in there.

I am glad to know what to expect, so I can be mentally prepared for this. I am just one week post-op and feeling great compared to 1-5 days...uuugggghhh. Thanks for information.

Just thought I would chime in real quick. You're going to hit a few pleatu's during your weight loss journey. Just accept it. You will have some weeks that are great weeks - you'll lose a lot and then your body will adjust and you'll have one, two maybe even three weeks where you hover around 1-2 pounds. This happens - it's normal. I am about 50-weeks post op and down 80 lbs. My most successfull period is the first 6-months. After that I have had to work hard for each pound I lost - but it's all worth it.

Keep to the rules - stay focused - stay healthy and you will be fine. Remember it's a journey not a race.

Hello, I am 10 months post op, I am down from 283 to 225 and feeling great! For pleatu's they are a big part of the weight lost. I exercise 70 min per day most days. I will go weeks without losing a pound. I use to get mad at myself but then i relized that its part of the weight lost process. Just hang in there. " If it took a year to walk through the woods it will take a year to go back." Be patiant it will come.

I am 3 weeks out right now. I have dropped 18 lbs, but the last 3 have been really slow. Get a body fat scale (like a Tanita). If I don't loose pounds, I do go down a little in body fat percent. It also helps make sure I'm hydrated enough (measures percent body Water, too)

Mel

I was banded March 28 and I also hit a plateau, Ive lost about 15 lbs and have not lost anything for the last 2 weeks. I was hoping this was a normal feeling because I don't have any Fluid in my band and was worried about gaining what I lost. I don't feel any restriction though and have been able to eat whatever, trying to stick to healthy choices but its kinda hard when I there is nothing in the band??? Any advice here?

as long as you are mindful of the types of food that you are eating, this is normal. I lost up front until i started solid foods and then did not loose any weight for a couple of weeks and then started loosing. it is natural for us to fear the weight gain as for most of us we have not been successful with dieting and what has been our experience with that? we gain...keep heart. Journal your food, Water, and exercise keep track of your measurements as sometimes your body will loose inches and not pounds. Good luck to everyone no matter what stage in the process that you are!

IM DOWN 20LB TOTAL AND IM STARTING TO GET DISCOURAGED. ITS A STRUGGLE AND I AM 1MTH POST OP. SO YOU HAVE DONE GREAT!!! IM TRYING TO STAY STRONG BUT IS IS HARD GO IN TO GET FIRST FILL ON 05/16 HOPE THINGS CHANGE.K.I.T

I GUESS I FEEL LIKE YOU. IM DOWN 20LBS AND CAN EAT WHAT EVER I WANT. TODAY I SAID I WOULD B MORE MINDFUL OF WHAT I ATE BECAUSE I START EATING SWEETS. SO IM GOING TO START WALKING AND STOP THE SWEETS TO SEE HOW MUCH RESULTS I CAN GET. I SEE YOU HAVE TO WORK AT THIS TO GET RESULTS. GOOD LUCK K.I.T. FIRST FILL 05/16 WHEN IS YOURS?

I was banded March 28 and I also hit a plateau, Ive lost about 15 lbs and have not lost anything for the last 2 weeks. I was hoping this was a normal feeling because I don't have any Fluid in my band and was worried about gaining what I lost. I don't feel any restriction though and have been able to eat whatever, trying to stick to healthy choices but its kinda hard when I there is nothing in the band??? Any advice here?