Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just found out and am terrified!

ok so im 10 months post op an down 70lbs. Ive had 3 miscarriages before, all probably due to weight, and literally found out i was pregnant about an hour ago. i honestly dont remember what my dr told me before the surgery cause wasnt planning on having anymore. I have an 11 year old and was really ready to be done.

what can i expect? is there issues with ports and crap? i carried the first in my back, literally, will that make a difference?

Did I totally just screw this weight loss thing up?

sorry to dump but im soooo scared!

Renee

Please don't be so discouraged, I am 28 weeks and was down 60 pounds, and have only put on 15 or so pounds. I didnt get my fill totally removed until around 11 weeks, I just wasnt hungry, and the Dr's were worried that I wasnt getting enough nutrition. Just follow the rules, dont go crazy with sweets and drink lots of Water. I promise this too shall pass, you have made huge strides since surgery, so there is no reason to be upset. keep up the great work, eat sensibly and you will do great! keep us posted!

I also wanted to say, the port reallly just started bothering me today, just a little sore, I have been doing a lot of pushing and pulling though. it does feel funny though b/c there is not so much padding around it, dont worry it doesnt stick out. I have a 4 yr old son and carried him totally different, but this one is a girl, so i really do not look pregnant from the front or back, only from the side. I was huge all over with my son. it probably depends more which sex you are carrying, than anything to do with the band, in my opinion.

Dont be nervous!! Be excited :D I got pregnant 8 months post band and was about 65lbs down. I am currently 19wks and so far my pregnancy has been going well.

The first trimester was a little rough because I had some pretty bad morning sickness, and my band decided to get a death grip on my stomach which made the vomiting that much worse, so at 11wks I had 1.6cc's of Fluid removed and I have been doing muuuch better. I had lost almost 10lbs due to being sick and have gained 6lbs back so far, so Ive pretty much "broke even" so far.

As for my port area, my son is transverse right now and his head is right there, so he likes to headbutt it from time to time, it doesnt hurt, but feels a little weird. I will say because of my port being flipped and angled, mine sticks out like a turkey timer LOL. However everyone is different so its going to vary from one person to another.

Good luck to you and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

ok so im 10 months post op an down 70lbs. Ive had 3 miscarriages before, all probably due to weight, and literally found out i was pregnant about an hour ago. i honestly dont remember what my dr told me before the surgery cause wasnt planning on having anymore. I have an 11 year old and was really ready to be done.

what can i expect? is there issues with ports and crap? i carried the first in my back, literally, will that make a difference?

Did I totally just screw this weight loss thing up?

sorry to dump but im soooo scared!

Renee

SNAP!!!!!!

Thank gawd you posted!

I have found out today I am pregnant toooooooo! - I got bnded las Sept. I have 2 children: this was unplanned.

Congratulations!

I am in also in shock but rather dazed too as was meant to be on a it's-time-for-me-now-and-weight-loss-year!

I already get some discomfort from the port in my stomach anyway (from the day I had op). I realise it is ok to have a band whilst preggers - as long asde-filled; but so want to know what to expect too! - How far gone are you?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! x

I am 19 weeks pregnant and found out I was pregnant 6 months after having surgery.. I was also afraid and so happy I found this site.. Learned soo much and was able to calm down seeing I am not the only one!!

I have only gained 9lbs.. I am filled 8.5CC and so far have not had any troubl;e...No port pain, no morning sickness, the only thing is I may feel the band tighter some days than others...

Congrats and enjoy it... Stay active and watch what you eat!!

Congrats!!!!

I have been banded since 10/2008 and I just had my first kiddo. The whole experience was great! I was really nervous when I first found out too, but in the end I'm thankful I had my band during my pregnancy. I had a lot of anxiety when I first saw the scale creeping up, it was really hard on me. Thankfully, I'm really comfortable being open with my hubby, so I sat down with him and expressed my concerns and we worked it out. Once I got past that, I was beyond thrilled.

I gained 40lbs total, 10 the last two weeks alone! Once my son was born, I lost the first 20lbs easily. This last 20 is coming off slowly, I have 5lbs left.

I got a complete unfil at 6 weeks only because I was going on a cruise and my surgeon was concerned about morning sickness hitting me in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, lol. I was fortunate and didn't have any sickness :) I still haven't gotten a fill, I've been getting stuck a lot recently. I've heard a lot of people say that the band is more finiky post pregnancy. I'm scheduled for an EGD today to make sure everything looks good. If it does, my surgeon wants me to go on a high Protein liquid diet for a week to try to "reset" my stomach.