Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9cc's?!

I just got my third fill on tuesday morning. I have 9 ccs in a 12cc band. i feel like that is alot of cc's, and the dr said i should have been ok with 6-7 cc's. with 9cc i get full faster and definatly eat less but i dont have problems with soda or bread and i am hungry again 3 hours later. Does anyone else have 9 or more cc's in their band and have this problem?

I don't have a 12cc band but I am at 7.3cc full in a 10cc which may compare and my fill did not completly kick in until a month later so give it some time and it may get a little tighter to help with the hunger.

I just got my third fill on tuesday morning. I have 9 ccs in a 12cc band. i feel like that is alot of cc's, and the dr said i should have been ok with 6-7 cc's. with 9cc i get full faster and definatly eat less but i dont have problems with soda or bread and i am hungry again 3 hours later. Does anyone else have 9 or more cc's in their band and have this problem?

Don't have soda and bread that will help... Make sure you eat lots of Protein at your meals that should help your hunger too.

3 hours is pretty good! just eat then in 3 hours have a little snack.. etc

Yea, I had a big fill a bout a month ago, but I'm now starting to feel much fuller than i did before.

Not sure about much as I am quite new to all this (was just banded on Jan 5th) but my docs told me that soda can stretch your pouch because of the carbonation...maybe if you've been drinking a lot of it that might be why you can eat a lot? I will admit that going cold turkey on soda has been one of the hardest parts for me as I don't think I had gone a day without it in about 20 years :blink: . I am still sad that I will never get to have one again (unless I let it get flat) but for now I'm doing okay.

The other thing I've noticed on here is that everyone truly is different...you need to fill as much as you need to fill to be successful.

I agree with the snacking idea...cottage cheese is full of Protein and can help with the hunger.

What band do you have? I have never heard of a 12cc band unless your doc is considering the tubing to hold the last 1cc. There are 11cc bands out ther I know.

I used to have a 11cc SAG band ( generation before realize) and my doc thought I would be good at 7cc. However even at 10cc I wasn't at my sweet spot and I know someone else who had that band and had 11cc in the band.

Everyone is different. Stomachs are different. Bands are different.

I now have the lapband which has a different style then SAG and realize and I have almost perfection restriction at 4.5cc in a 10cc band. Its strange to think I once had 10cc filled in an 11cc band when I know that much fill would kill me with this different band

I have 9 cc's in my 11cc band and that was just with my second fill. The first one they put in 6 cc's and I didn't feel anything. Now I finally feel restriction, but i can also still eat bread. I dont drink sodas because my doctor says the carbination and caffeene can mess with my pouch, stretch it and the caffeene can give me an ulcer. But if i take very small bites and chew well i can eat bread. I can still eat a decent amount but much less then with the 6 cc's. And I get full way faster, but I also notice that I get hungry again in a few hours. Also, I got my fill done on the 9th and it took a few days to really settle in with the solid foods. So wait a week and see if it works better as far as hunger goes. Are you drinking a lot of Water throughout the day? Water always makes me feel full in between meals.

I have an 11cc band and am now filled to 9.5cc I still feel like I could do a little bit more (maybe 9.6 or 7) so I think it is different for all of us. Good to hear the levels of other people though. I was beginning to think my level was getting too high?!

This is my question if you all are newly banded and have that much in your bands already what will happen when you are completely full and cant get another fill and you still have a long way to go to lose. I say less is better just asking.

Hi,

I need to find some clinics in UK including Belfast area which accept patients who had their lap band abroad and need a fill or post-op follow up. ( band adjustment).

I don't want to be banned so will not give detailed information but I'm representing a hospital in Turkey which has lap band patients from UK and we're searching for some good clinics for follow up care of our patients who don't want to travel to Turkey for aftercare. I would appreciate if anyone can pass me some clinic/doctor names for fills. The real patient experience and feedback is of great importance for us.

duyguz

I have 10.5 cc in an 11 cc, & am having only the slightest restriction. I think I have lost some weight since this last fill but not much... & I too am scared to death that I went thru this surgery 2 times, for little results.....When I am sleeping I sometimes wake up chocking on bile, my thoat burning. I don't know what to do, I have been so depressed I can't even weigh myself anymore. Has anyone ever been un=filled & then refilled ??? Any chance for better results w/the 2nd re-fill?? HELP!