Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please share your yummy stuff!

I was banded on Nov. 15th and am looking for some tasty alternatives to those fatty foods we have to give up. I have recently discovered that sugar-free Cherry Kool-Aid is the best drink ever! I love it! I also found "diet" sugar-free hot chocolate to replace my coffee. I recently found out about powdered Peanut Butter from a post here and I'm excited to add that to my Protein Shake. What else have you discovered that's yummy and low cal/low fat? Please share.

Powdered Peanut Butter? Who knew?

I have a real sweet tooth and was a big ice cream eater. To help those cravings, I sometimes freeze regular light yogurt (Yoplait's my favorite so far), or will mix some flavor of fat-free, sugar-free pudding in with some Cool Whip Free - that has a nice, creamy texture and is quite tasty! I also love putting sugar free jam on things - like the cool whip mix or cottage cheese - it's almost like ice cream toppings.

I also haven't given up my coffee, but I have switched to CoffeeMate Light and continue to use Sweet N Low or Splenda. My surgeon said there's no real reason to stop coffee as long as I'm not loading it with sugar and cream.

So far it's worked for me - still losing and when I don't it's because I've eaten something I shouldn't, or more likely I've eaten right before bed - that's my worst time.

Sounds tasty! My surgeon said coffee is fine to if we use artificial sweetener and skim milk. Well, I LOVE flavored cream and like a little coffee with my cream, if you know what I mean. Since that's the way I drink it, I have to cut it out for now. Maybe I'll like it the "sensible" way at some point. ;)

I totally agree about the flavors. Here's what I've done - I've switched to flavored Beans and if I want an extra kick, I get the sugar-free versions of the syrups that the coffee houses use. Right now I'm drinking "Frosty's Favorite" - graham cracker, marshmallow, vanilla and cinnamon flavored. I also have sugar free cherry, cinnamon and Kahlua flavored sugar-free syrups. They blend so well and give me that flavor without all the calories. I loves me some coffee! :)

I also mix the Sugar-Free cherry Syrup with my Crystal Light Lemonade for a fantastic cold drink (Sonic gave me the idea - their Lemonade is Minute Maid Light and they have Sugar Free Cherry syrup.) You can add the syrups to just about anything - even smoothies! They're definitely not just for coffee.

I make Ranch dip with plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, then dip tomatoes, broccoli, baby spinach, carrots. Yummmmm! Just use dry ranch salad dressing/dip mix and add 16 oz plain Greek yogurt. Delicious and unbelievably good for you.

Years ago I went from have some coffee with the cream (with suger); to black with equal. Is fake suger good for you probably not but I need something. I have read that Splendra is a better choice then Equal so I now use that in my coffee. I have bought several flavors of suger free coffee syrups (chocolate, raspberry, caramel) which makes you feel like you are having a treat. During the first couple weeks of mushies I really liked taking Chobani fat free Greek yoghurt (with fruit) and blending it with a stick blender. Early on I added milk to make it runnier. In general Greek yoghurt is thicker but also has A LOT more Protein. I added Splendra fat free Greek yogurt is sour. Really good.

I was given this site to got to and I think you'll enjoy this lady and she is an AWESOME COOK!!! GOD Bless you on your Journey!!!http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Jello's chocolate indulgence dark Choco pudding cups are s/f 60cals and really really good. It's my nightly treat. These are the little 4pk not the 6 pk. They taste better than the 6pk, richer.

Also, breyers smooth and creamy 1/2 fat ice cream has a flavor called dark chocolate velvet that is incredible. It's so dark and chocolatey that it looks almost black. It's 110cals 3G Protein and 3.5 fat for 1/2cup. It's really good.

Uh, I like chocolate!

Sounds tasty! My surgeon said coffee is fine to if we use artificial sweetener and skim milk. Well, I LOVE flavored cream and like a little coffee with my cream, if you know what I mean. Since that's the way I drink it, I have to cut it out for now. Maybe I'll like it the "sensible" way at some point. ;)

My surgeon originally told me to cut out coffee and I did for six weeks and then I confronted him (in a nice way of course) and asked him to tell me the specific medical reasons I could not drink coffee. He got a grin on his face and said there really weren't any. I told him I would be drinking coffee the next day. I have discovered sugar free Coffeemate and it is delicious and only a few calories.

My surgeon originally told me to cut out coffee and I did for six weeks and then I confronted him (in a nice way of course) and asked him to tell me the specific medical reasons I could not drink coffee. He got a grin on his face and said there really weren't any. I told him I would be drinking coffee the next day. I have discovered sugar free Coffeemate and it is delicious and only a few calories.

OMG! These are all great ideas that I had not thought of! THANK YOU! Let's keep sharing on our journey.

one recipe if have enjoyed especially for special occasions is the following.

one small pkg of SF Jello

one small container of low fat or fat free yogurt

one small container of Cool Whip i like the sugar free or fat free either one is good

( you can mix or match you Jello and yogurt - i match strawberry jello strawberry yogurt - your choice entirely)

Take a 1/4 cup of boiling Water and dissolve jello. Mix in yogurt then cool whip.

I usually put in in graham cracker crust but when surgery is done i am going to put in individual cups and freeze for a treat.

it has a mousse consistancy and is really refreshing frozen. i found this recipe in a magazine. i have used it for years.. Light and refreshing. i hope you try it experiment with it and enjoy.

Have a great day!