Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the new you

I like this question. I am just shy of three months from my surgery but I definitely can say that I am starting to care what I look like again. For the longest time, I didn't bother wearing any makeup, only on special occasions, maybe a few times a year. Now I am happily spackling it on throughout the week. lol. And instead of my usual year round ponytails, I have started wearing my hair down. Still back from my face in a headband, but it is down and not up for once in what seems like years. And I have been pulling out older pieces of jewelry and trying on some of my older shirts that I had gotten too big for previously. It is a a wonderful thing to care about how I look again. :rolleyes2:

yeah, I used to wear make up every day and stopped, now I have started again. Not necessarily as much! I have been looking at new shades of lipstick, want to try new ones that stay one longer. Nice to have internet...you can go find out what people think of products before you buy!

I booked a class at my local gym to update my makeup and I have booked to have my ears re-pierced. I have always had regular manicures, pedicures, facials and updated my hair but I have hardly worn make up for ages.

After losing 90 pounds (12 past goal) with the lapband, I did a complete overhaul --dyed my hair platinum blonde, grew it past my shoulders, sold ALL my clothes on ebay and went for a whole new younger look with what I bought. No more jumpers and Berkinstocks -now it's leather pants and three inch heels.. And I had a face lift too. I don't look anything like I did before --people from "before" do not recognize me and some have had touble believing I'm who I say I am confusing me with my daughter.

I did things for myself along the way as I hit mini-goals. I had permenant eyeliner put on with one goal. Bought a few pair of new skinny jeans, got eyelash extensions (that lasted about a year...maintenance too fussy for me and I found out my eyelashes are not so bad).

I have always worn makeup and dressed nicely...it's just more fun now. I filled up my closets and am in need of nothing but get a thrill out of going to upscale and regular consignment shops.

I have two things i want to be able to do.

My own selfish goal & reward is that we have a planned vacation to travel across the country next summer by RV. I want to enjoy that being thinner because those pictures are going to be around forever! :)

The second one is, and I know this one is going to sound a bit odd considering we've all had weight loss surgery, but i can not wait to be able to make chocolate candy again! It's not so much the eating them because i worked at a farmers market candy stand for years and it's one of those things where you see it so often that the thought of putting in your mouth just turns your stomach. I literally make between 50 & 100 lbs between Easter & Christmas. The reason i can't do it now is be my back hurts if i stand too long at the counter; so much it is downright impossible to get it all done. I've always made our Easter chocolates for the boys' baskets & they've helped painting the molds & such. And on top of it, i make the best nut rolls & butter-creams, along with other items, at Christmas. Usually i give them as gifts or if we are going visiting i take a plate mixture for the goodie table. The last 2 years i've put it off. Each year, friends & family are looking for those plates....i want to do that again for them.

Other than that, i'm a bargain clothes shopper so the Goodwill & Salvation Army stores will be tired of looking at me! LOL Where else can you by $50 jeans for $3 bucks and $300 jackets for $20? Some with price tags still on!!! SIGN ME UP!

I haven't done anything too drastic. I wear my hair shorter because my face doesn't look too fat and as I'm gaining a new wardrobe every 6 months or so I'm getting clothes that are more stylish and I even have a couple of skirts that go to the knee instead of the ankle.