Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting banded on Monday the 25th and I need to order a Protein Shake asap. I have been reading all kinds of posts on the best tasting ones and a friend of mine recommended Syntha 6. My question is what is the right amount or the max amount of calories, fat and carbs that a shake should provide. I don't want to get a high calorie shake and defeat the purpose of drinking it. Any advice is appreciated!

We were told 10 to 1. So if it has 100 calories, it should have 10 grams of Protein, or pretty close.

I am now preferring Protein Bars, and found the premier brand that is 280 calories and 30 grams of Protein.< /p>

The Protein shakes I use are still the ones from the dr, Optifast, which I like.

I haven't paid too much attn to fat or carbs.

I like the EAS AdvantEdge shakes. They have 17g of Protein, are low carb and come in vanilla, strawberry and two different chocolates. :)

I also drink the Nature's Best Isopure Zero Carb clear Protein. This has 40 g of protein per 20 oz bottle. They are not the best tasting, but they are clear protein so you can drink them straight from the hospital. In fact, that is what the hospital gave me to drink after ward. I like these for right after my fills and everything. :w00t:

I get this variety pack from gnc: Nature's Best

My doctor had specs related to Protein, fat, and carb--you might want to check with your doctor to see what s/he recommends.

Mine recommended Atkins (he now sells a different brand from his office), but with his okay, I went with the ones I think are best: Inspire and PURE from Bariatric Eating.

HOw often are you supposed to have a Protein Shake ??

I am very picky about my Protein. I am especially picky about the taste. I just found a shake called "Muscle Milk". And I like it. I got a 14 fl oz and it has 240 calories and 25 grams of protein. It is also lactose free. And it has tons of Vitamins and minerals in it as well. Which really amazes me that it tastes so good. I would def. try this if you get the chance too!!!:w00t::thumbup:

Is Optifast classified as a Protein Shake? I use those. 3 of them is under 500 calories a day and I always lose a dramatic amount of weight on them.

I love these!

Calories 170

Total Fat 1 g

Total Carbohydrate 4 g

Dietary Fiber 1 g

Sugars 2 g

Protein 35 g

post-301039-13813139640957_thumb.jpg

I love these!

Calories 170

Total Fat 1 g

Total Carbohydrate 4 g

Dietary Fiber 1 g

Sugars 2 g

Protein 35 g

Where do you purchase these?

Where do you purchase these?

Hi gracierose,

I purchase them at Vitamin Shoppe they are pretty much every where in the US. Here are some locations in MN if they are close to you and if not you can order online. They remind me of a smooth YooHoo!

Pure Protein shake Frosty chocolate by Worldwide Sport - WP-1070 - at The Vitamin Shoppe

fa_gradrule_lg.gif

fa_trans.gif

Burnsville--Grand Opening Tuesday 10-26-10

550 County Road 42 West

Burnsville MN, 55337

Phone: 952-435-8724

fa_trans.gif

fa_gradrule_lg.gif

fa_trans.gif

COON RAPIDS

3388 River Rapids Drive

COON RAPIDS MN, 55442

Phone: 763-323-3188

fa_trans.gif

fa_gradrule_lg.gif

fa_trans.gif

St. Louis Park

3052 Excelsior Blvd

St. Louis Park MN, 55416

Phone: 612-926-8068

fa_trans.gif

fa_gradrule_lg.gif

fa_trans.gif

Woodbury

8960 Hudson Road

Woodbury MN, 55125

Phone: 651-578-6875

I really hate the pre-mixed shakes, way to much fat and carbs, plus my doctor wanted me to just use 100% Isolate Protien, better absorbing and less stomach issues for some patients, plus <= 1g of Carbs or Fat per serving. All these directives were a non issue with me as I had been using a Protein powder for at least 2 years that taste great and mixes well with Water, milk, juice, whatever. I get it from Max Muscle and use it at least twice a day. Has 30-34 gm of Protein per serving and only 130 cal if you mix with Water. If you mix with fat free milk, you end up in the 40+ gr of protein range per serving.

Intek is the brand and I have tried most of their flavors, but I like Cookies and Cream in the Isolate Protein and Orange Creamsicle in their Protein Evolution product. This one is more of an all around multi-protein product, great after a workout for me. Good luck on your surgery.

Edited by jaxgtr

I like Premier Protein from costco.

Also, those Pure Protein ones someone posted about, wanted to share that those can also be found at Trader Joe's.

My weight loss had stalled and my husband said youre not getting enough Protein. I went to the GNC store and the guy in there who is a nutritionist and personal trainer asked me all kinds of questions about my life and and my surgery and he recommended this stuff, I lost 10 pounds the first week and I love it,my husband and son also drink it now and they say it tastes like a wendys frosty.

AN EASY WAY TO GET IN 76 GRAMS OF Protein

AMP

Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60

calories 280

fat 1g

sugars 2g

carbs 7g

protein 60g

you can add it to Water but I add the three scoops to 16oz of skim milk which is 16 more grams of protein.

oh yeah, I always add two hand fulls of ice to the blender and sometimes I add 4oz of coffee for a jamoca shake if I need an energy kick.

I never leave for work without it. I drink on it til lunch time and keep almonds, walnuts and raisins in a ziploc if I get hungry before my lunch at 2.