Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any help out there about the colonoscopy prep. I don't think I can drink the prep stuff so just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?:thumbup:

I didn't like the taste of that stuff either. I didn't have to drink the whole bottle. Check with your Dr. and see if they have something else available.

i didn't have to do anything like that at all. thank goodness!!! :thumbup:

I had to drink that stuff....No fun. But for excitement I had to give myself an enema. This is physically impossible and being single, was a step i could not do. LOL

Good Luck.

Castor Oil.. One shot glass full and your good. I have had multiple colonoscopies in the past ( None since the band) but I had to do the oil bowel prep for the band surgery. It was the easiest thing on my tummy and I already have a touchy one at that. The HalfLytely® and Bisacodyl Tablets wrecked my tummy and the Miralax

Its hard to tell because they're probably different brand names, but I've had 2 colonoscopies in the past month - unfortunately the first discovered a large malignant tumour, sigh.

But anyway, prognosis good so lets not dwell on that, lets talk about the joys of bowel prep!

The first one, I had to do 3 sachets of picolax. That was easy as. It was effervescent, yes, and difficult to get past a band, but you're allowed to sip it, and had to take a sachet once every 2 or 3 hours, so it was very very doable. It tastes like that saline stuff we used to drink as kids. It wasnt too violent, it resulted in 3 totally liquid bowel motions for me, a couple of much smaller clear ones and two or three false alarms, was all finished by the next morning and ready for the colonoscopy.

The second time a week later, I had the Picolax and a sachet of colonlytely - that stuff is much more difficult. It makes up a litre, and its cloudy white. You have to get that entire litre down in the course of an hour, I really struggled with that since it tasted like a bucket of elephant semen (well, what I imagine that would taste like), kind of thick, warm and salty. Ergh. I gagged and fussed and carried on like a baby over that one but I did it. I used a straw and got it right into the back of my mouth, to try not to taste it, and I just worked on it for an hour. Again, the result was not too violent.

At no time was I required to skull anything, I was able to sip slowly. Also because I have a band, there wasnt a lot of muck in my system to start with, plus you have to to clears for about 12 hours before hand and a band makes that a lot easier too.

Its really not too scary, or too difficult to do.

I had one a few years ago and had to drink 2 bottles of gatorade mixed with the medicine over 2 hours... and I kept the first bottle and a half down. Cleaned everything out that's for sure!

Also, I don't want to scare you but talk to them before you go in and ask what kind of sedation you'll have... they put me under a twilight sedation where you're not fully out but you're not supposed to remember anything... and it didn't work. I felt everything and was very vocal during the procedure and they ignored me thinking I was in that half sleep state. I was NOT pleased, it was not pleasent, and they heard about it big time when it was over. If they aren't putting you out then make sure you have a code word to say so they know you're actually awake and aware... you do not want the experience I had.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches