Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im banded!!!! - August Rush 2010

Hey guys, well i did it. It was banded yesterday!!! it was quite and ordeal also. Lets me start my saying that i arrived athe the hospital a 9:45am for an 11am surgery. Well because there was an emergamcy surgery performed in the early morning the entire surgery schedule was delayed. I was the last to end up in the OR at 4:30pm:cursing:. I sat in pre-op nervous, scared, frustrated, and angry !!!:) I ended up telling my best friend and my sister to leave (i did not want them to sut all that damn time) My wonderful fiance got off work at 3pm and came to this hospital. he said that i did not go in til 4:30pm.

Now i get to the recovery unit about 6pm and was there till a room was ready for me a 8:30pm. I was in and out of conciousness so it really did not seem that long. Now for the truth....from the first time they tried to wake me to now (i am home) i was in severe pain. from a scale of 1-10 the pain was a ten. When i seen my Dr. after he explained to me that everything went great but he had to tug and pull to get my port in place because i didnt have a big stomache. , and OMG that is what i can really feel. all i did in the hospital last night was cry (an i have a high tolerence for pain).

I was released today at 12pm, with roxicet (that was the only drug that i was given that works for me, morphine did NOTHING but put me to sleep.< /p>

I did not experience any bad gas pains (yet) but because i have asthma really bad it was alittle hard to breathe. I have been eating popsicles and drinking Water, i have not been hungry just a really dry throat and lips.

well that is what i can think of for now, feel free to ask me any questions for those who are about to be banded. I will keep everyone updated throught my recovery process. I am supposed to go back to work on tues and i hope i will be ok. My mom has my baby girl, because she is very clingy to me and i really really miss her but it is for the best i can not take care of her. However i do have my 9 year old (the little helper) and my fiance her with me.

i cant wait for this pain to be gone~ Dena

Wow you had quite and ordeal. Glad to hear you are home recovering. I am being banded Aug 24th. I hope you recover quickly. Keep updating..I am curious how it will be for you to go back to work on tuesday. I have two weeks after my surgery to go back..and I am nervous about timing. Good luck!!!:)

Hey Shadena,

I am glad I decided to come in and check the site cause I was worried about you.

I was looking for you in the August rush thread. They were checking for you on the other site too.

I'm so sorry that they got you so stressed on your surgery day. I just know in my heart with the experience I've been having with my surgeon so far that my story will be bout the same as yours.

So , I'm preparing myself for it. I guess there's no way to prep just getting my mind ready to not stress over the craziness.

Don't be brave take the meds when you need them as often as you need them. I have a high tolerance for pain too but I've decided that I'm gonna take all my meds before the pain hits me.

Did you mean he had trouble placing your port because you had a small stomach area? I hope you heal quickly and get some rest so that you can feel better every day, especially being that your going back to work on Tuesday. Get a lot of rest and take your meds and walk when you can.

Let us know how it goes.

Dee

Congrats shadena!!! Im glad you are ok and safely home!!! keep us posted!!!

~jennifer

I was banded Monday and hoping 2 go back 2 work yesterday (Thursday)....but my belly button and the gas are so severe! i'm hoping 2 return this coming Monday!!!

Hello Dena,

What a shame your experience was so negative. Let's hope it's all good from here on.

Good luck!

Hi Dena,Congratulations it is over and now you can heal and lose lose lose! I am getting mine on aug 17th and am so nervous, they always tell you it is a breeze and then back to work in a week, I am taking 2 wks off. may your pain go away very quickly and you heal quickly without any complications.

I was banded yesterday morning and I'm feeling pretty good. No pain from any of my incisions, but I do have pain where my port is. I've seen a lot of people complaining of the same pain after surgery for quite a few weeks. Percocet seems to be the only way to make the pain numb. On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd say it's only a 3. I hope you're feeling much better today. Good luck!

Did you mean he had trouble placing your port because you had a small stomach area? I hope you heal quickly and get some rest so that you can feel better every day, especially being that your going back to work on Tuesday. Get a lot of rest and take your meds and walk when

Dee

hey there is my buddy Dee:w00t:! i am feeling much better today (sat). are you getting excited? how did you do on the liquid diet?

yes my port and incision pain was because i was not that big when i started i was 231lbs. on the day of surgery i was 209lbs. my dr said that because i had loss so much weight he had to do a lot of tugging and pulling. to give you an idea of how small i was, all of my incisions are high up right under my rib cage, that part of my stomache was kinda flat, you could feel my ribs. then you also have concider my height too (i am short) that is why they say everone's pain experience is different. different body types and sizes.

it kinda got on my nerves, but all my nurses kept saying that i was so small, and why am i having the surgery. forget all the medical problems i have right? then i had to explain that i worked hard as hell to lose the 22 lbs prior to surgery.

But Dee, i feel a lot better today, each day getts better.