Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. so my family and friends have decided that they need to hire the Exorcist because I have been so evil for the last week. I've been stuck at the same exact weight for 14 days. I was banded on May 27th and I was doing really good. I'd lost 30 lbs and then 14 days ago it just stopped. I walk at least 45 minutes a day and I'm eating what I'm supposed to religiously. Here is a typical day:

7:30am -

-1 cup Special K ceral or 1 egg scrambled (I rotate between the two depending on time)

11:30am -

- 1/4 cup ground turkey or beef an a high Protein wrap (13g of protein) with tea spoon of cheese and then either low fat mayo or a little salsa depending on my mood (I also like doing deli meats or maybe leftovers from dinner the night before depending on time)

3:00pm -

- 1 slice deli meat (it varies depending on my mood) & low fat cheese on triscuits

- Normally some fresh fruit as well

7:00pm -

- Grilled or broiled meat & steamed or grilled veggies

10pm -

-1/2 fruit

I tried doing the one whole day back on Protein drinks to see how that would work and all that did was piss me off honestly and the scale still didn't move.

I go back on August 9th and I'm supposed to get a fill. The last time I went he wouldn't do one because he said I was progressing at an acceptable speed and said I might actually need Fluid taken out because I had been suffering from a lot of heartburn. Honestly, It doesn't take that much to fill me up, but I really want to lie like a dog and tell him I'm eating more than I am so he'll give me a bigger fill. I know I shouldn't but I'm feeling like a complete failure and I'm angery at myself and my body. Every time I go to weight over the last 3 days I start crying because I know it is going to be the same.

Every time I have ever tried going on a diet I get stuck at this weight. In the past I've said the hell with it after I've been stuck for awhile. Is this the weight my body thinks it should be? Am I suposed to weight 251 lbs? If so I just want to cry. I can't imagine I've worked this hard and spent this much money to be stuck here. I've heard people say your body has a set weight naturally, but honestly? Could it be 251lbs for me?

I need some words of wisdom or something before I take someone's head off.

It's pretty normal for the body to regroup (stall) after a big loss. It doesn't necessarily mean big changes are necessary. Sometimes you just have to wait it out.

ETA: If your band is causing you to feel full, and you're not getting hungry super-quickly, it may not be the answer.

Don't be so hard on yourself! You're new at this and your body is still adjusting to the lower calorie intake, exercise, etc. (metabolisms change and I swear sometimes they just shut down while they're "resetting"). Keep exercising, keep watching what you're eating and it will get better...you may want to either change up what you're eating or how you're exercising a bit, sometimes a little change does great things.

Most importantly...STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!! Put it up for a week or put it up and only weigh at your docs office but weighing and obsessing constantly only pisses you off and discourages you...there's so much day to day fluctuation in Fluid levels, etc that you have no control over (stress, period, etc...)

And breathe...it will be okay, don't give up and don't lie to your doc, the last thing you want is to be over-filled and have to have an unfill and start this over again.

Sounds like a very good meal plan but you didn't mention an important aspect.

How much Water are you drinking daily? Water plays a very important part in weight loss.

Other than that, all I can suggest is waiting it out. You've lost a considerable amount of weight and like the previous posters mentioned, your body needs time to adjust.

If you're eating the same foods and doing the same workout, your body is just, simply, used to it. Try upping your calories for a day, lowering your calories, a different workout, no workout, etc...it's weird, but we have to play tricks with our body's chemistry to get it to react. If you're not happy with 251, then it isn't for you! Don't accept normalcy just because that's what you've been used to - you deserve better!

First off, congrats on the 30 pounds lost!! Woohoo!!

When I was in the active phase of weight loss I would lose 3 pounds one week then none for 2-3 weeks, then 2 pounds, then none for a couple. Then I'd gain, then I'd lose 4.

See a trend? For me it was not a steady weekly loss. My body would hang on and on and on, then all of a sudden let go of a few.

I averaged a little less than a pound a week. At first I was so frustrated by the whole thing, but after I saw the pattern I became OK with it. Afterall, the scale was going DOWN in total.

Try not to let a long plateau get the better of you. Keep eating properly and creating a caloric deficit.

Also, have you taken your measurements? I often found that even when my weight was stable that my size was going down.

A tighter a band does not necessarily mean a greater weight loss. This is a marathon of a journey.