Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many cc's to gain restriction?

Hello, I am new here. I was banded 3-29-10. I went today for my first fill...what a strange feeling!! I already had 3 cc's from my surgery. My dr. gave me 1 more cc today. My question is how many cc's did you require to feel restricted? I know that everyone is different, but I just wondered what your norm is? Also, could someone fill me in, as to if there is a difference between the lap band and the realize band? I have the realize band. Thanks in advance!:scared2:

What size is your band? You are right, everyone is different. I actually know someone at my support group that has never had a fill and lost 135 freaking pounds (and is 2 years out)!

I have 4.9 ccs in my band (10 cc LapBand), so I'm half full. Some days I have restriction and some days, I could eat the house LOL. I did start feeling it after about 4.2 ccs (which was my second fill). From what I recall, the Realize band comes in one size, but I'm not sure what it is. It may be 10 and if so, you should be feeling something with 4 ccs in that size band, but again, everyone is different.

Restriction is a crazy thing. Just when you think you have it, you start to question (or at least I do LOL)

Did I help at all?!? Sorry for the rambling LOL

I had to get to 6.75ccs in a 10cc band before I really felt like the band was sending me any clear signals in the eating department. Before that, I felt like I was relying all on my own willpower. Now I feel like I'm at a perfect level of restriction. I can eat a little of most anything if I'm careful - even bread, steak, rice, and other things that give some people trouble. After about 3/4 of a cup of food, I'm simply not interested anymore and just stop. That NEVER happened before. I used to be one of those people who had to clean my plate and then would pick off the plates of others if there was still food left.

I have 5.9 in a 10 band and have restriction. Everyone is different.

Thank you for answering my questions. I am not sure what size band I have. I am thinking that it is a 10, because he told me when I first met with him that was what he would do. I will have to ask for sure at my next appointment.

I have 4.9 ccs in my band (10 cc LAP-BAND®®), so I'm half full. Some days I have restriction and some days, I could eat the house LOL.

it made me happy to read your post! i too have the 10cc LAP-BAND® and have 4.4cc right now. i thought something was wrong because if i go any higher than 5cc i am over-filled. when i read that some people have 6 or 8cc's i was jealous. now i know i'm not alone! there are some days that i feel over-filled at 4.7 but other days i feel like i can eat and eat and eat!

I have the Realize Band and it's capacity is 11cc's.. I had my 3rd fill yesterday up to 7.5cc's. I did not feel any restriction untill 6cc. But I think I sti ll need a little more. My Dr. is afraid to give me too much cause he said i may not be able to swallow my own spit!! Yuk, yuk!!! I guess everyone is different. i have a friend that has 5cc's and is doing great. Go figure. :redface:

weight.png

Do you have your LapBand card? It says the size of the band on there.