Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone else getting banded on 3/31?

I'm getting banded on 3/31 and would love to have a few people to "buddy up" with that are getting banded on the same day.

I think this would be a great way to keep up with one another's progress!

Here are a few details about me:

• 24 years old
  • Female
  • NY
  • I have about 180lbs to lose.

Hey! I am Getting Banded on 3/31 and am sooooo excited! I CANT WAIT!

I am 21 years old

300lbs and would love to get down to my first goal of 180.... : )

I am also being banded on 3/31!

I am 39, Female, AZ, and have about 157 to lose.

I went for my pre-op seminar last night and was told I am absolutely going to be catheterized. I am terrified! I've never been before and I am NOT looking forward to the experience!

Oh well, I suppose it is nothing in the long run - I am so ready to get banded and I can't wait for the 31st!

Me too for the 31st as long as the last test on Tues is OK. Boston at 1 pm and I'm 54.

:thumbup:I've been catheritized (sp?) a couple of times and it actually makes it much EASIER after surgery so you don't have to get out of bed to pee. Kim

Hey guys!

I came home from the hospital yesterday (was banded on 3/16). My surgery wound up being 2 hours because they found I had a hernia and repaired it (2 surgeries for the price of one, lol). I did not have a Foley Catheter, because the surgery is so short they do not usually want to risk infection. If you do need one, no worries, they cath you once you are asleep, so you do not feel a thing. When the nurse removes it later, it does not hurt at all.

I am happy to say that I am not in any pain.... some discomfort (mostly b/c of gas and the port site) but NO PAIN. One thing I will stress- walk, walk, walk, walk, walk as soon as you can get up in the hospital. It's the LAST thing you will WANT to do, but OMG, the gas is released this way and the pain goes away so much faster!!!!! It made all the difference, in my opinion.

The worst part was the ride home- do not take the bumpy route, lol! Keep 2 pillows in the car... 1 to sit on and the other to put some pressure on your stomach when you hit bumps. Worked like a charm : ) Wish I thought to do that the first half hour of my ride, duh!!!

Good luck to you guys.... I will try to post as often as I can. I have been blogging my entire journey on my website http://bandoverbypass.webs.com

Im getting banded on March 31 also!!! Southern California! at...11:00 I can't wait, but im a bit nervous!!!

Sex: Female

Weight: before pre op diet 256

Me too for the 31st as long as the last test on Tues is OK. Boston at 1 pm and I'm 54.

:thumbup:I've been catheritized (sp?) a couple of times and it actually makes it much EASIER after surgery so you don't have to get out of bed to pee. Kim

me too i am being banded on the 31st in the UK

i have spent the last 18months researching this procedure, but now i cant remember a thing, i just want it done so i can get on with my life xx

age 36

height 5'7'

weight 120kg pre op

post op TBC

cant wait, good luck 313's hope everything goes well for everyone

xx

There is quite a few of us getting banded tomorrow!! wow! I am 29 yrs old and weigh 260, my first goal is 200, then on down to 150!!!! Good luck tomorrow everyone!!:)

Mimi,

Here are the names I have from my poll. They are March 30 & 31.

cunner, curlymom, EdmGirl, hethomas07, jamienowlin, janeinnc, kimmholmes1, mimi1512, Missfroggy, mushsbat, mustlose, shellylynn, stargate713

Hey 331 bandsters

if official i was banded yesterday, got home a few hours ago, really sore, horrible gas pains, but i feel very optimistic about the future. I know have my new band buddy to help me lead a senisble controlled lifestlye, i have done so much reaserch and relised that i need to work with it and not against it

saything i am struggling with the emotional hunger, all i can think about is food, even though i am not hungry..... got to have the strenght to keep with the Clear liquids, i dont want to fall at the first hurdle and risk band slippage.

damm the shoulder pain is really rubbish and my tummy is still really sore... feeling tired as well

Hope all the fellow 31s are ok xx

good luck with your journey hopefully we can all help each other along the way with encouragement, and stregth xxxx

Hi Everyone!

Im just now feeling well enough to check out lbt.

I was banded on 3/31 (obviously) and I was discharged on 4/1.

That first night home was hell. I honestly wanted to go back to the hospital and have it taken out. I was in SO much pain. I was NOT prepared for that amount of pain. I thought I was ready - but I was SO wrong.

Having said that - Im now 6 days postop and I am feeling so much better! I am now able to eat (full liquids) and drink with no problem! I am able to lay down to sleep (finally!) and I am able to walk around without needing to get rid of gas pains.

Ive lost 16lbs since the beginning of my preop diet, and I couldnt be happier!

Id love to hear how everyone else is doing!

Hey everybody. I also was banded 3/31, and sent home 4/1. I still feel sore, and it's a little hard to take deep breaths. But I have been walking, and every day I feel a little better and stronger... silly question, of the 5 incisions, which is the port? how can you tell? well, good luck to all of you. Thanks

Hello fellow 3/31 Bandsters!

I was discharged on 4/1 and have had no problems. I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago and this was not much different than that!

mustlose, I have 4 incisions that are probably 1/2 in to 1 in long. My port incision is 2 in long. Also, if I lightly apply pressure to it, I can feel the port.

-Frog

I was banded on March 31. Everything went extremely well. I am not having any pain. The only thing that I am having trouble with is drinking the Protein Shakes. They are so disgusting. Any suggestions.