Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pierced nipples?

I know I've seen a post or two here about women who have pierced nipples but I can't find it at the moment. Just wondering what your experience is and what you'd recommend as "starter" rings/bars, etc. I have large nipples. FYI. LOL

sara

Do NOT them let put in rings. Go with a barbell to start. Mine almost rejected because the piercer put in too small rings. The barbells need to be wider than the swelling and not fit snug at all. They do also take about a year to heal completely. Another hint, get the sea salt from the grocery (in the seasonsing aisle) and add that to warm Water to do the soaks with. NEVER miss a soak and don't put soap on them. :)

I had mine pierced vertically with bars. I loved it! I loved the way it looked and they healed up really quickly. However as I got older and my PMS got worse i was having more and more breast tenderness during that time i finally just took them out.

I miss them.

I DID IT!!!!

haha, and it hurt like hell. I really didn't expect that TYPE of pain...but it's over and now there's just some soreness. I hope they heal well and allow me to sleep on my stomach soon....I had to sleep NOT on my stomach for about two weeks post banding and that wasn't fun. By the way, I'm about 5.5 weeks post band. Hope it's not too soon to add insult to injury! oh well!

sara

I had mine done twice. The first time I had the rings put in and didn't really like it. The second time I had the barbells put in and they were fine. I had to remove them right before I had my band put in. I'm thinking about getting them pierced again. I have big nipples too but the pain was minimal for me.

I had mine done twice. The first time they put in 14G captive bead rings, and they rejected. The second time, they put in 14G barbells because they said they have less incidence of rejection. Didn't help me any, cause they rejected again. But if you get them established with bars, you could always move on to rings. I personally liked the rings better, but the sensation is through the roof. You will love them!

How do you know if you are "rejecting" the piercing?

The piercings are a certain distance back from the top layer of skin. If they seem to be getting closer, very tender, red, hot, they are rejecting. Also, the distance between the holes is getting closer..for instance..

You had them done and they look like this:

0---------0 and now they look like this 0----0

A good sign they are rejecting. I had a microdermal that rejected. I had it removed before it completely came through the skin on it's own. Remember to keep up the salt soaks - those are SOOOO important!

Well, I was religous about the salt soaks and the cleaning, followed the piercing studios exact directions and mine still rejected. Even being careful about after care isn't a guarantee you won't reject, but it certainly is still a smart thing to stay up on! But mine never got hot or red or painful. In fact, it felt like they were healing perfectly well, but all that was happening is that they were moving closer to the surface of the skin until I could actually see them beneath the skin. One even started pushing out of the skin. So that is what I would be on the lookout for- if they appear to be getting closer to the surface of the skin, they very well may be rejecting. Hope that helps.

I also have had mine pierced twice... My ex-husband decided he did not like them anymore and I agreed to take them out (obviously, he was not an "ex" at that point). I re-pierced them shortly after the divorce. I prefer captive D-rings because they provide the benefits of both straight barbells and rings: The straight line of the D prevents the sore edges caused from the diameter of rings being too small or nipples being large, and the curved part of the D provides something for him to play with (flick, pull on, twist, etc). Personally, I hated plain barbells because they were boring... nothing to play with! Piercings are usually done in a 14g, but I have sized mine up to an 8g because they are less likely to rip out if things get kinda rough :^)

I would also reccomend not going with the rings. I started with rings and got both done, and my right one rejected. I switched to straight barbell and in my left it has been just perfect..... I will say that I forgot to take it out when I went to get banded yesterday. That was awkward when I was asked by the nurse if I had removed all jewelry. lol

But I love my piercing and would do it again for sure!

There's a part of me that wants to get my nipples pierced :w00t:

I had my clit hood pierced 18 months ago and after that I still haven't worked up the nerve to get my nipples pierced. Soon ...maybe

I had mine pierced over 10 years ago, so I can't even remember the gauge, but I do recall my piercer putting in large vertical bar bells due to swelling. I had discharge for a little over 6 months and thought I'd never heal and then almost overnight I was fine. About 6 months after I healed I had captive D rings put in. Definitely get the over sized barbells. I know it looks odd at first, but once you heal you can go smaller or switch to rings. Also, I'd suggest using titanium jewelry to lessen the risk of your body having an adverse reaction.

There's a part of me that wants to get my nipples pierced :(

I had my clit hood pierced 18 months ago and after that I still haven't worked up the nerve to get my nipples pierced. Soon ...maybe

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but the hood is the only piercing I have never had done that I really want. Do you mind sharing your experience?

I'll PM you Kitten