Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you feel 2 weeks after surgery?

Hi there bandsters? Just wondering how you felt/feel 2 weeks after surgery? I am looking for both physically and hunger wise...and where were you on the stages of diet? Were you still in pain, or tired, etc? Thanks for sharing your 2 week out stories! :thumbup:

2 weeks after surgery I was still feeling very weak. I went back to work after one weak. The hunger part wasn't bad at that point and I had no pain. I was still on pretty much full liquids and some very runny mushies.

I didn't really have any pain except around my port area. We had to fight an infection there. I was still very weak. I originally planned on taking 1 week off of work, but I was just too weak to make the long commute by myself.

I was still on liquids at that point, and it would only take about 2 ounces of liquids to make me feel stuffed. Hunger was NOT a problem.

Two weeks out, I was hungry, hungry, hungry. I had no pain except like the others some port soreness which took a good two months to go away. It took a lot of will power until I got some restriction and still sometimes takes will power not to eat the wrong things or things I would like to eat but won't for sure until I reach my goal.

I am currently two weeks out, but unlike others, I am not feeling weak or tired, I am feeling bored and restless! There is only so much resting that I can do. I want to take the Christmas tree down! I want to paint my dining room! But every time I try to do anything too strenuous or exercise, I end up hurting myself, then back on the couch I go :thumbup:.

By "hurting myself" I mean that my incisions become sore - especially the port site and that one that they put right under your bra line (what is up with THAT, anyway?? lol!)

food is not an issue. I am on "mushies" but told that I can eat what I want as long as I chew it well, so that's what I'm doing. I'm eating more than I should, probably. Not hungry though. To be honest, I think that it's all in my head.

Otherwise, all is well!

I'm just shy of 2 weeks out and in a word...HUNGRY...my surgeon's instructions were full liquids x 2 weeks then start adding slowly. I did fine until day 7, no hunger at all and essentially had to make myself eat but on day 7 woke up at 4:00 a.m. hungry and full liquids just wouldn't do any more.... My energy level is fine but like others above if I do much my incisions get sore. I did manage to start wrestling (carefully) with my 5 year old son again today, it's been killing him not to be able to!

I'm 17 days out. Don't have alot of energy. Not too sore though. I tire easily. I used to be a six pack a day of diet coke drinker and had to give that up when I started my two week liquid diet pre - op so I think that is what is kicking my butt - no caffeine. I am going to start coffee. I took two weeks off work, went back today. I think the combination of the surgery, four kids, and the holidays just did me in! I wanted to start wii fit tonight but I just can't drag myself to do it. LOL. I'm thinking a Protein Shake and a good book in my warm bed is going to do it for me. Other than the tiredness I feel 150% better than I did a few days ago.

I was banded on Dec. 17th and I'm hungry. I'm still on full liquids, which sucks. I can't wait for Wednesday and the doc to clear me for mushies. I do have some soreness and feel listless. I'm bored by the couch, but I need to wait for the doctor to clear me for exercise.

I feel some pinching pain on my left side, and that's the port area. I'll have to find out what the doc thinks of that.

H: 293

Pre-Surgery: 284

Banded: 12/17

Current: 264

I'm 2 days shy of 2 weeks. Pain wise, I'm good. However, my incision sites are itchy/bothersome - I think just from normal healing.

I'm hungry, but I'm on soft solid foods. In fact, it's just minutes away from lunch time and I'm ready! lol

I'm sleeping on my tummy! Yay!

Still have the tummy gurgling from food working its way through. It's amazing I can hear it so well. Never used to before.

Am loving the fact that shirts are now not so snug! And my skirts/slacks too! One skirt has a very limited life as it is already sitting low on my hips. There is no elastic in it so once I lose probably another 15-20 pounds, I won't be able to wear it any longer.

So, all in all, pretty good. Can you feel your port? Mine is very noticible when I run my hand over it.

I am one week out and I am starving and sore.

My biggest incision is directly in the crease of my waist exactly where my pants and undies sit. It wouldn't hurt so much if it didn't rub the incision if I get dressed.

I went back to work today and did pretty good but was fading fast by 2:00.

I am on full liquids for another week and not sure I am gonna make it without moving ahead on my own. I want to follow directions but I am so dang hungry. I think I am gonna check in with the doc tomorrow. The hunger is the worst pain.

I am 2 weeks post op, almost 3. I feel like I never even had surgery. I've been fantastic since about day 9 after surgery. It's like once all that gas got out of me I was fine. It's unreal how good I feel - also unreal how I have no restriction AT ALL!!!