I too originally chose the sleeve. Had the surgery scheduled and everything. In fact, I would have already had my surgery over & done with if I'd proceeded with the sleeve, and I think (ok, I know) my family would have felt more comfortable with that decision. They feel it's safer, easier recovery, and lower complications. But my bmi is just over 50, and I'm extremely concerned I will not lose all the weight with the sleeve. I'll be honest. I'm not going through this to lose "most" of the weight. I'm bound and determined I will get to a healthy weight for my bmi come hell or high water. I have some issues now with acid reflux, and although I've not been diagnosed with GERD, I'm afraid the sleeve would exacerbate it. And I don't want to have to have one surgery, only to have to have the RNY further down the line. I think the dumping (if I'm one of the ones who have that) will be a bonus for me given my particular issues with food. I guess my biggest reason is....my head and my heart are in agreement that i truly feel this is the best choice for ME. Please be aware I don't think one surgery is better than the other, I don't necessarily agree with my family's opinion, (insert all the other caveats and disclaimers here). All I can do, and all any of us can do, is make the best choice we can for ourselves, and be supportive of each other whatever that choice is. I wish you the absolute best with your surgery and hope everything goes well.