Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Producing....Foam after 4 fill

Hey all, and Happy THanksgiving. i had my 4th fill on monday and still on Clear Liquids as nothing else is feeling right, last night keep burping and it seemed as a foaming substance kept comming up. my stomach feels very gassy but cant seem to release ( sorry). Any one had a similiar foam substance ever come up. I hope i can at least have some mashed potatoes today. Also any idea how long after a fill you should be able to go back to solids, my doctor said wait a few days and slowly reintroduce, the introding is not going so well, even full Soups aka potatoe is not sitting well yet. Thank you and good luck today everyone, remember this its only Thanksgiving, nothing on that table is worth losing all of your sucess, i posted that on my fridge today with a fat picture, hope it gets me through the day. This is will be the year i dont gain weight on thanksgiving. Thanks all

how many days after your last fill where you back to solids??

The foam is saliva mixed with air. The body produces extra saliva to help food go down. The reason for it would be either

you ate too fast

bites were too big

food wasn't chewed properly

you ate too much

you ate something that the band didn't like.

Eating after a fill is a learning process - you have to figure it out all over again.

I think you are too tight and need a small unfill. Are you keeping liquids down enough to urinate every few hours? If not I think you should call your surgeon in the morning.

Good Luck,

Mimi

yes I am able to hold down clear liquids only and am able to pee, I have had alot of Water, i was able to eat about 2 bites of mashed potatoes tonight and some chicken broth I am having alot of pain in my back and under my right breast, my aunt is a nurse and said that it sounds like gas, it hurts bad, if i still can eat anything solid by monday i am going to the doctor to get an unfill. I need help with the gas issue please

well i dont know how big of a help i will be but when i got my first fill about a month ago i had pain in my left hip for some reason. i still have it from time to time. but anyways i got my first fill and i had the gas and burping it almost seemed like bubbles in my tummy. eventually i called my dr back and he thought i had to much in my band well i didnt have the extra money to get some taken out so i just delt with it. but after like two weeks of this it went away and now im fine so i dont know what happend but im fine now i go back for a second fill here in a couple weeks. sry if that didnt help any.:thumbup:

Did you stay on liquids for two days after the fill? if not stay on liquids (thin - do the Protein shakes).. .you may have swelling that will go down but it won't if you keep stressing it with foods it can't handle. You should not be progressing to mushies until u can keep the Protein Shakes down and if by day 3 of doing liquids you still can't do mushies (day 4) that means you need an unfill. THose are the rules I've been given.

Today able to eat some solids, no more foam, Thank you all for your help, it was and is greatly appreciated. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Thank you mimi