Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats on your playlist?

omg i'm such a dork i will work out to just about anything I listen to the Bee Gees sometimes lmao..

personally i use anything upbeat but heavy, i think it motivates me to work harder if that makes sense. lately i've just been hitting pandora radio on my ipod and listening to the shinedown, linkin park or 90's alternative station and hop around on the 3 when a slow song comes on. it's not that i'm the biggest fan of some of these groups but their music all has a great driveing drum and bass line which keeps me energized.

I have made up several different playlists over time.

1) 70's hits which includes the BeeGees and Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" and lots of one hit wonders. I also have hip versions of Journey's Don't Stop Believin' and others that I found on iTunes that are great.

2) 80's/90's alternative to include B-52's Love Shack, English Beat, Oingo Boingo.. my college days!

3) New Stuff that I get from iTunes or other places that changes, I go to their list of top hits and go from there.. usually my favorites at the time are there... right now I really like Black Eyed Peas "I gotta feelin".. it is the perfect beat! Lady Gaga and Shakira too!

Coming up is my holiday favorites. I downloaded all the fun Christmas tunes old and new...

I wish that the iPod had a radio on it though.. that is why I tend to like my Sony Walkman better (I have both as well as a radio/mp3 that is waterproof that I can use in a pool).. it is an mp3 player AND a radio and Video.. I can use it at the gym to watch tv through the fm stations, listen to radio, or use it as an mp3. I highly recommend it!!!!!

With my username, I shouldn't even have to say ....LOL. JIMMY BUFFETT of course, a whole bunch of indie artists that I have to buy their CDs from them (or sometimes on cdbaby.com). It doesn't matter what the beat is, if it's got a strong drum line....I just need a soundtrack for life, really. It makes the time pass.

Honkeytonkbedonkedonk! By Trace Adkins. I love that song! Great beat, keeps me thinking of what I want ultimately. ;)

Dance tracks are good, or remixes.

I have 2,789 songs on my playlist. Where do I begin?

i likr heavy megadeath an such but switch to Celtic women to stretch

I'm in my 40's and have a playlist that reflects that:

Billy Idol--White Wedding, Rebel Yell, Flesh for Fantasy

Prince--Raspberry Beret, Darling Nikki, Let's Get Crazy, 1999

Cher--Gypsies,Tramps and Thieves

Madonna--Like a Prayer, Into the Groove, Material Girl, La Isla Bonita, Vogue, Express Yourself

Blondie--Call Me, Heart of Glass

Modern English--I Melt with You

Rolling Stones--Paint it Black, Can't Get no Satisfaction, Get Off My Cloud

Rick James--Super Freak

Pat Benetar--Love is a Battlefield, Heartbreaker

Temptations--Papa Was a Rolling Stone

Edwin Starr--War

Bee Gees--Staying Alive

David Bowie--China Girl

Queen--Another One Bites the Dust, We Will Rock You

The Motels--Take the L

The Trammps--Disco Inferno

Survivor--Eye of the Tiger

Pink Floyd--Young Lust

Paul McCartney & Wings--Band on the Run

The Go Gos--We Got the Beat

Eric Clapton--Lay Down Sally

Billy Joel--Only the Good Die Young, We Didn't Start the Fire

Human League--Don't You Want Me

Tina Turner--Better Be Good to Me

Still scanning my memory and iTunes to find more oldies-but-goldies with a pretty fast beat (I pedal my exercise bike faster when the music is faster), though.

2 favs that start slow and build up: Lunatic Fringe & Copperhead Road

I have a program that makes play lists for me. It is a beats-per-minute counter. I put in my ramp up time, my max time and then my ramp down time and it makes a play lists to fit it.

I have alot of songs on mine, from country to hip hop, even songs from Rocky :thumbup:

I have my playlists divided into categories:

FAST

MED

NORMAL

I have a program that makes play lists for me. It is a beats-per-minute counter. I put in my ramp up time, my max time and then my ramp down time and it makes a play lists to fit it.

do you mind sharing the program name? I'm very interested in that myself!

I use Tangerine, but there are several.

Here is a screen shot of the Tangerine...

tangerine.png