Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I threw up...Not a PB.

I just threw up. Not PB’d but the full deal. My stomach rolled and my brussel sprouts and tine bits of turkey reappeared. I actually had 3 stomach rolling episodes. Now I am concerned. Normally if I have an “operator error” I PB, at which time I lean over, open my mouth and a glob of slim reappears with food particles. That is what it is like for me when I PB. This was not a like that at all, I had 3 full heaves. I apologize for being graphic here. What strikes me as odd is the full meal did not come up.

My lunch was a turkey burger patty. I had eaten ¼ of the patty. I prepared 5 brussel sprouts and had consumed 2 at most. While eating I was listening to my body, and before this episode, I had stopped eating. Put the remaining lunch I had left in a container.

I plan to have liquids the rest of the day. My stomach does not feel sore. I don’t feel the full satisfied feeling either….guess I am baffled as to why I tossed my Cookies.

TMI – since I eat lunch as my desk I tossed the Cookies in a Water bottle. Because I am a gross person, I looked the contents over good. Bits! Small tiny bits I tell you! I don’t understand it?

It’s not like I was chewing away and swallowed prematurely. Anyone have this sort of episode happen to them?

On a side note, I am ill with a sinus cold or virus. Could this have anything to do with it?

I believe your sinus infection led to you throwing up. When you have sinus issues you tend to have post nasal drip which can lead up to filling your pouch with that, which could in turn lead to you throwing up. I know thats what happens with me. Otherwise maybe you just have a stomach bug. I hope you feel better!

You said: "On a side note, I am ill with a sinus cold or virus. Could this have anything to do with it? "

That infection produces mucus which can create a sort of blockage over the stoma (the opening created by your band). Until the infection is gone, precede your meals with a cup of hot coffee or tea or even broth, as hot as you can sip. This will help break up and thin out the mucus.

That likely caused your problem.

Yuck! I agree with what the others have said, it's probably due to the sinus drainage. Hope you get to feeling better!

I really appreciate you all replying. It took me by suprise. You know how it is to chew your food to smitheriense and then have that happen. It's different than a "user error."

I will make sure to drink some hot tea before my next meal, which will be tomorrow. I'll be on liquids for the rest of the day today.

It's nice to hear it's all the mucus. I started a z pack today. So with in a week I should be good to go!

I would have to add that unless you "felt" the stomach acids when you puked you didnt really puke it was still a PB. You hay have heaved a few times but If you dont have the Puke taste then you only PBed At least this is my experience. I have been ill for a while and have a bunch of swelling and stuff (not band related) and I am totaly insync with puking and pbing. LOL My DR told me as long as it is not a regular thing you should be ok.

I would have to add that unless you "felt" the stomach acids when you puked you didnt really puke it was still a PB. You hay have heaved a few times but If you dont have the Puke taste then you only PBed At least this is my experience. I have been ill for a while and have a bunch of swelling and stuff (not band related) and I am totaly insync with puking and pbing. LOL My DR told me as long as it is not a regular thing you should be ok.

Thanks for letting me know. I am a newer bandster so still pretty green. Sorry to hear you are not feeling the best and I hope your health returns to you soon.

Not a problem. that is why we are all here to learn from eachother. I learned that when your sick the phlem from drainage clogs up the pouch hole and causes you to not be able to eat or pass food like you normaly would...SO I am trying the hot tea to break it up method lol seemed to work today...I am still swolen from the other issue but I am not getting stuck on Water like I was before lol.

My PBs are always like that. The full retching, heaving and loud shouting "Huey!!" :w00t:

I don't get the stomach acid though, so I guess I'm just a dramatic PBer...

Does concern me re slippage though, as these episodes can be quite violent. :scared2:

How in the world do you throw up into a water bottle? I can't even imagine.. I'm like the other poster.. a heaving.. wretching mess when I throw up.

I guess everyone is different. I don't really PB...I throw up though...not fun, but it happens.

How in the world do you throw up into a Water bottle? I can't even imagine.. I'm like the other poster.. a heaving.. wretching mess when I throw up.
Maybe shes just talented.Ive even thrown up in a Wal-Mart sack when I didn have a choice.

How in the world do you throw up into a Water bottle? I can't even imagine.. I'm like the other poster.. a heaving.. wretching mess when I throw up.
Maybe shes just talented.Ive even thrown up in a Wal-Mart sack when I didn have a choice.

Hi Jennifer - I should say now that I think of it I am talented like that! LOL No, but really the "water bottles" are 20 oz wide mouth bottles. So it is not hard to PB into a bottle. Align mouth with bottle and vuala!

Some of my bandster friends keep zip lock baggies in there purse for just such an episode. A zip lock seems harder for me to PB into.....just me.

I would never admit this anywhere else but on this site :thumbup: ... I keep some of those sanitary bags in my car door for emergencies! You know, the ones with that lady carrying a parasol on the front? I pinched a few from the toilets at work.

Ssshhhh! :crying:

I got a kick out of your post! A bit graphic, but funny. Loved the "operator error"! So very true! I think that what the others have said about being sick is definitely the cause. Hot Drinks will certainly help "prime" your band. It works for me. I think the worst thing for me is eating out. If you get stuck, you have to run to the bathroom and try to not look alarmed. I have resorted to a napkin for small PB's. I find that most of the time, my PB's are opeartor error - eating too fast! It has been 7 months and still this is something to work on for me! Good luck to you! Thanks for the laugh! ; )