Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lower Body Lift-2 weeks!!!

Hi All,

I am scheduled for a lower body lift Sept. 21st. I am so excited and starting to get a little nervous. So many others have been so gracious in sharing their stories and experience so I thought I would try and and add what I can from my journey. I have had my pre-op appointment Aug. 25th and go to see my family Doctor on the 8th to review all my blood tests. Other than that I have lots to do at work, organizing things so I can take 4 weeks off. I have bought all the after care items and filled my "happy drug" prescription from my PS surgeon. Now it's just the wait. I keep dreaming about it. I will keep you all posted if folks are interested.

Barb

Barbee:

Congratulations on your upcoming lbl. What's the difference between an LBL and a Tummy Tuck? I had a tummy tuck on 5/14/09 and am so glad that I did. There is some pain, but it's worth it.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Thank you all for the well wishes! A lower body lift is a circumferential cut all the way around the abdomen, so it lifts your bum, lateral thighs, mons, abdomen and tightens your ab muscles. The results are suppose to be very dramatic. My bum has sunk down to my legs and my tail bone hurts casue there is no fat covering it when I lean back. I took some before pics but I don't know how to post them. Could some one give me the "posting pictures for dummies" version of how to do it. Thanks! :blush:

You save the pics onto your computer. Then you click the "go advanced" box that you see at the bottom of the reply box, when that comes up, there's a little paper clip icon that you can click on. this brings up an attachment box - you click 'browse", find the picture on your computer and select it, then click upload. You have to do it pic by pic and they take a few minutes to upload.

HTH - I want to see the pics, lol. I've just been trying on new swimwear, suddenly I feel $30,000 worth of cosmetic surgery would be worth it!

Thanks Jacqui! Those were great instructions!! I hope to look as good as you in a bikini soon!!!!.... What would you need to have done?

post-220803-13813138696327_thumb.jpg

post-220803-13813138696627_thumb.jpg

post-220803-13813138696908_thumb.jpg

post-220803-13813138697185_thumb.jpg

Lol, there's a reson why that pic is so tiny! It makes me look good!

I dont "need" to do anything, I'm not stupid about it, but I do actually have enough flesh for a lower body lift. Its not fallen and there's not so much of it as other people have but I'm just very "loose" and must choose bathing suits VERY carefully - anything that bites at all - like a belt on a bikini bottom, and hello muffin top. My lower belly is quite crepey, so cant choose too brief a bottom, etc etc. Not bad, I feel very blessed, but its disappointing too to be just so close to looking really perfect.

I also have and always have had a very flabby behind! Lots of cellulite, sigh. Its really the buttocks and backs of my thighs more so than my belly that suffered.

Dont even get me started on the empty socks that I call breasts.

Hi BarbBee, Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Thank you for starting your post. It helps me to prepare for my own surgery. :thumbup: I know you are going to look AWESOME when all is said and done. :)

Katie K.

Hi Barbee,

Just read your question on Dr. Shulman. I'm sorry to hear about surgery. Hope your Iron improves. Small step back but it will happen. Keep positive.

Tiffany

Thanks so much Tiffany. I am very disappointed to say the least. My PS and family doctor are both back from holidays on Monday and the clinic nurse will consult with both of them as to what needs to be done next to up my Iron (besides the iron I am already taking). I asked the nurse if my PS could do my arms or breasts as the blood loss is considerably less than the LBL and I have booked a month off work and spent tons of time covering off all my work responsibilities. The recovery would only be 2 weeks off so I could spend 3 weeks tryng to up my iron. I know it's just wishful thinking.....I will do what ever they say is best for my health. It will happen... just later than I hoped. I still feel teary about it. I was so mentally prepped for it!! :wink:

Thanks again for your support

Barb

Thanks so much for the support. You ladies are the best!!

Well.. my surgery has been officially postponed until my hemoglobin comes up. I hope to have it rebooked for January. :blink: ....but I don't know how long it will take to up the count.

The surgeon wants the numbers in the high zone as you can lose a fair bit of blood during a LBL. I see my family Doctor later this week to come up with a new plan to boost the Iron. So for now I will continue to take off the last few pounds, keep on kicking butt at bootcamp, eat my beef, and take my Iron.

I'll keep you posted.

Barb :lol: