Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does This Happen to you??

I seem to be able to really eat in the middle of the day. I usually have to start off with a liquid in the morning and have Soup at night if I don't then I am slimming while I am trying to fall asleep and lately I have been throwing back up my medication I take at night. I always break it in half but Have stated to have problems keeping it down. Is it possible to go from being o.k. to being to tight with out a fill? Also is it O.K. to get Protein in liquid form such as a shake in the mornings? Will the shake keep me full? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

:wub:

I blend fruit and Benefiber in my Protein Shakes in the morning. It keeps me satisfied until lunch time. Just make sure when you blend the fruit, it is well blended. I hope this helps.

I can never eat much in the morning or even sometimes the mid-day. So I also do the Protein Drink in the morning, and often Soup with a little solid (veggies or soft protein) for lunch, then a regular supper - though after my last fill it's a perfect small supper. Sometimes only Protein with a little bit of veggie. Hope the Vitamins give me the other stuff I need each day.

I would call your doctor. You could also be getting tight from throwing up, it could make you swell so the band is tight.

I have had a terrible time keeping my meds down--morning and night; of course, I take a total of 35 meds per day! My dr said he had never had a patient who was on so many meds. Hoped being banded would get me off some of these but not so far. Anyway, I bought a pill spliter and that help, in additon, when my band was too tight I took my meds with lite yogurt. Now that I have had 1 cc removed from my band, my meds go down fine with Water. It's still a slow go though. Also, when my band is loose enought to easily take my meds, I am able to eat too much, just a vicious cycle. Yes, you can get some meds in liquid form, this is what my dr suggests, but it is so nasty I throw it up just because of the taste. I took so much liquid cough medicine when I was a kid, I still want to barf at the thought of it. Just hang in there, and keep trying to see what works best for you. Your dr should help.