Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Best Shake Recipes Please

Well, I have been on full liquids for one week and have two more to go (Oct 5 is my next app. when they will switch me to mushies) and I have to tell you, I now HATE chocolate shakes! Someone replied to a previous post about adding SF FF pudding mix to your shake to thicken it up a little (I can't drink watery shakes) so today I added SF FF Cheesecake flavored pudding to my shake and I am saved. chocolate cheesecake - Yum.

1 Scoop 100% whey protien powder in chocolate

1 to 1 1/2 tsp SF FF Cheesecake flavored pudding (Jello)

1 cup Carb Countdown Fat Free Milk

Blend and enjoy!

Does anyone else have any good ideas on how to make these things drinkable? recipes would be appreciated.

Thanks,

If you like coffee with cream, you might like this

Blender 3/4 full of ice

cooled coffee to just below the ice level (I use leftover coffee that I pour into a pitcher and refrigerate overnite, or make it and let it cool to room temp)

add french vanilla Creamer to taste (I use regular but there is a splenda blend)

Protein powder

chocolate Syrup is optional for mocha

blend, adding ice as needed to thicken to taste.

my hubby likes it minus the Protein and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream & choc syrup... says it rivals DQ's Moolatte

Lynn, there is a thread on here and I am trying to find it, that gives you a link to all kinds of different Protein Shake recipes. It is an awesome list and I am trying to find it. Maybe someone else can remember who it was posted by. Meanwhile I will keep looking for it. I like the low carb chocolate milk, GNC 100 % whey Protein powder and a 1/4 cup of mixed frozen berries. I then strain it to get the seeds out...can't stand the seeds. I love it and it tasty yummy!!

Guest j. lynn

This is posted word-for-word from someone else that I got them from:

I use frozen fruit, I buy it fresh then freeze it..I mix in UNFLAVORED Protein as I cant stomach some of the flavors...I use some yogurt at times...but mostly just the fruit..with it frozen, it gets thick like a shake! You can use Crystal light with the frozen fruit and Protein too! It is yummy!

TRY SOME OF THESE.

Protein shake Recipes- Enjoy!

banana Smoothie- ½ cup banana, fat free nutrasweet sweetened yogurt, ½ cup non-fat milk, a dash of vanilla, 1 scoop of protein powder of choice.

Put ingredients in blender, blend until smooth, add ice and blend to give it a frozen smoothie consistency.

chocolate covered Cherry Shake- ½ cup cold Water, ½ cup crushed ice, 1 tsp of vanilla flavoring, 1 tbsp sugar-free cherry kool-aid 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice.

Combine all ingredients in your blender and blend on high for 2 minutes. Then pour into an ice cream soda glass that has been chilled and garnish with a cherry!

Frozen Fruit Smoothie- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice, 4 fresh strawberries frozen and sliced, ½ cup fresh banana frozen and 1 scoop of vanilla or strawberry protein powder.

Put in blender, blend until smooth, add ice and blend to give it a frozen smoothie consistency.

Orange Creamsicle- ½ cup cold Water, ½ cup crushed ice, ½ tsp vanilla, 1 packed of artificial sweetener, 2 tbsp frozen unsweetened orange juice, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Blend on high for 2 minutes.

Orange Julius- 8oz non-fat plain yogurt, 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate, ½ cups skim milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 scoops protein powder.

Put in blender, blend until smooth, add ice to give it a frozen smoothie consistency.

Pina colada shake- 8oz can refrigerated dole pineapple in natural unsweetened juices, 1 tsp of coconut flavoring, ½ cup crushed ice, 1 packed artificial sweetener, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder.

Combine in blender and blend for 2 minutes on high.

Tropical breakfast drink- 1 cup fresh cut-up strawberries, 8 oz pineapple chunks in natural juice, 1 fresh banana, ½ cup healthy choice cholesterol free egg product, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder of choice.

Blend with ice until smooth 1 serving

Turtle Shake- ½ cup cold water, ½ cup crushed ice, 1 tsp pecan flavoring, 2 tbsp fat-free and sugar free caramel ice cream sauce of apple dip, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice.

Blend on high for 2 minutes

Wake-up shake- 1 Small banana, ¾ cup skim milk, ½ cup non-fat sugar free strawberry yogurt, ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.

Put in blender, blend until smooth, add ice and blend to give a frozen smoothie consistency.

Strawberry Cheesecake

Mix one serving of vanilla protein according to directions. Then, add three tablespoons of Jell-O's no-bake, reduced-fat cheesecake mix, three low-fat vanilla wafers, and four frozen strawberries. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds and serve.

Chocolate Banana Crunch

Mix one serving of chocolate protein powder according to directions. Then, add one banana and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. Then, add four low-fat chocolate wafers, blend at low speed for ten seconds, and server.

Wow, thanks everyone - they all sound great!