Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fills,getting stuck,stomach pouch

I was wondering how do you know if you have restriction? how do you know if something gets stuck. Right now i feel like i could eat anything. I'm trying to be careful not to stretch my stomach pouch. but right now it feel like i can eat anything. what are someways to no increase the size of the stomach pouch? What are some things that could increase stomach pouch size?

If you are not satisfied on a small amount of food (less than a cup) or are not staying satisfied for at least four hours then you are not at restriciton.

Believe me, you will know if something is stuck. You will either feel intense pain and or pressure in your chest (kind of like the feelimg you get when you take a drink and swallow too hard...if you can relate) or you will start sliming (having mucus back up into your mouth). Or simply feel gaggy. But understand that being stuck or getting sick ARE NOT indicators of good restriction they are indicators of not eating properly.

You stretch your pouch by consistently keeping it overly filled. Are you even on solids yet? liquids cannot stretch your pouch and I doubt the mushies would either. I am guessing you have not had a fill yet. That means your band is open and the food, whatever the consistency, is passing through fairly quickly so it is not stretching the pouch.

Be patient. You are in bandster hell and you will be hungry. It will take 1-4 fills to really start seeing a difference, till then it is sheer willpower.

I was wondering the same thing. i feel like i can eat everything. I have my 1st fill on the 29th. I haven't gain any nor have i lost any since 2 week post op. I guess this is why the call it "BANDSTER HELL"

Trust me on this, when you truely have restriction you will know. What sucks is even after your first fill you might not have it..or even after your 3rd. SOme are good on 1 and some are good on 8 fills. everyone is different..but if you have to ask then I am certain you don't have it yet...but you will! keep watching your diet the best you can until its all dialed in after some fills.

I was wondering the same thing. i feel like i can eat everything. I have my 1st fill on the 29th. I haven't gain any nor have i lost any since 2 week post op. I guess this is why the call it "BANDSTER HELL"