Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you ever seen the movie "The Bucket List"? It basically tells the tale of two men who are dying of terminal diseases and decide to make a list of things they wanted to do before they died. Well, I decided to do the same thing, only focus on those things that I will do when the weight comes off. Notice I said when, not if. I frimly believe that the weight will come off with the lap band tool that I will soon have in place. So here is my list:

1. I will ride on the back of my husband's Harley.

2. I will wear high heels.

3. I will look hot in a great dress at the Marine Corps Birthday Ball.

4. I will walk into a store and not worry about what will or will not fit.

5. I will wear a bathing suit and not cover it up with a dress.

6. I will go to an amusement park and not stay away from the rides.

7. I will enjoy my moments with my husband again and not be ashamed of my body.

8. I will run in a 5K race.

9. I will not fear the doctor's office nor the scale.< /p>

10. I will enjoy my life because I will feel healthy.

So, what is on your list?

Elgrad

Well, some of the things on your list are on most lists. I will never, ever be able to walk in heels again or run -- lost my achilles tendon, after rupturing it, to an infection that almost cost me my leg 18 months ago, but, dang, if I thought there was a chance.....

1. I will ride on the back of my BF's BMW cycle.

2. On my cruise next spring, I will WOW all my buds with my weight loss and a special dress for the first formal night.

3. I will wear a CUTE bathing suit -- I've never let being fat keep me from enjoying the beach, but fat seems to exclude cute on the selection of suits.

4. I will not fear the doctor's office nor the scale.

5. Go on a zip line (well, actually, I did this in March when I was down to 250 and I would never have considered signing up for it otherwise).

6. Go back to Europe and do more walking/hiking stuff than last time (even though I was actually "only" 200 pounds when I went then).

7. I will enjoy my life because I will feel healthy.

i KNOWUR weight is going to come off!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to see ur after pix!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great idea! :frown:

I will...

1) sit with my legs crossed

2) fly without needing a seatbelt extender

3) ride all the rides at Kings Island & Cedar Point

4) wear a bathing suit that does not have a "skirt"

5) tuck my shirt in

6) not fear a scale

7) wear something sexy to a social gathering

8) proudly walk into the room at my 20-yr college reunion

9) walk into any store and buy something "off the rack"

10) wear clothes that actually fit...not baggy

Well I am not banded yet but these are the things that makes me want this so bad.

1. Run, actually be able to run and play at the park with my son who is 4. I would also just like to run for fun....LOL My DH is military so they always run. I wanna run a 5k with him

2. Wear a strapless dress to one of my husbands military balls. He has been in for 5 years and I have avoided them.

3. Snowboard with my family instead of watching from the bottom of the hill.

4. Get a full body massage.

5. Wear shorts.. I haven't wore shorts in over 12 years...

Edited by talkalot1981
typo

1. buy a season pass for Disneyland, knotts, and magic mountain and ride all the rides i have missed in the last 8 years.

2. cross my legs

3. Go shopping with my friends and actually buy clothes at the same stores

4. wear heals almost everyday

5. run the 5k instead of walking it

6. go to a Water park for the first time since I was like 10

8. wear just my bathingsuit in havasu instead of covering myself up.

9. wear dresses without leggings

10. wear my husbands tshirts to bed cause they are too big and they are comfy

11. sit on my husbands lap more often.

THese were all great replies. I plan to post my list on the fridge at home and add to it as my wants change. I always try to look at the positive in everything and having a goal (or two or twenty) makes this journey more positive for me. I wish you all good luck on your journey also!

Elgrad

I Love this idea! My surgery is June 25, it was supposed to be May 19th but my Cardio wants a few more tests. My list is:

1. I will wear shorts and not feel like the whole world is watching and laughing

2. I will be able to buy clothes that don't have an "X" in the size!

3. I will find clothes "on Sale"

4. I will be able to hold my grandchildren on my lap without them being on the edge of it!!

5. I will wear a bathing suit again and swim with my grandkids

6. I will finally feel healthy again

Have you ever seen the movie "The Bucket List"? It basically tells the tale of two men who are dying of terminal diseases and decide to make a list of things they wanted to do before they died. Well, I decided to do the same thing, only focus on those things that I will do when the weight comes off. Notice I said when, not if. I frimly believe that the weight will come off with the lap band tool that I will soon have in place. So here is my list:

1. I will ride on the back of my husband's Harley.

2. I will wear high heels.

3. I will look hot in a great dress at the Marine Corps Birthday Ball.

4. I will walk into a store and not worry about what will or will not fit.

5. I will wear a bathing suit and not cover it up with a dress.

6. I will go to an amusement park and not stay away from the rides.

7. I will enjoy my moments with my husband again and not be ashamed of my body.

8. I will run in a 5K race.

9. I will not fear the doctor's office nor the scale.

10. I will enjoy my life because I will feel healthy.

So, what is on your list?

Elgrad

OOH! RAH! MARINE CORPS!!! My husband is a former Marine. I never went to a prom or anything. The only formal I ever got to attend was a Marine Corps Ball! It is still my FAVORITE Picture of the two of us, even twenty years later. We didn't have children yet, married less than two years, and I was almost twenty (my b-day is later in November). I was a SIZE 5/6! I Wore a short black strapless bustier type dress with black patent stilletto heals, had a gorgeous southern California tan, my sunbleached natural blond hair done fancy.........I looked like a blue eyed Barbie Doll next to my gorgeous husband in his Dress Blues.:thumbup: I would just like to have a tiny sliver of the confidence I had that night back.

That pretty much sums up my "Bucket List". To have some self esteem outside the walls of my home again. I thank God every day that I do still have the awesome husband. Twenty three years, two kids and one-hundred-twenty pounds later.:rolleyes:

WOW, this is making me have to think!!!! I am going to get back to you because I never thought much about what my life would be like when I got rid of this weight. I'm not even banded yet and I now have something to think about, Read about and plan for, it's about me now isn't it.......

Thank you

imaluckydog