Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Marchies May

Hi my Marchie pals.

Here's our new May thread.

Please share your ups and downs. The support we give one another is so important.

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks Juli for starting this months thread.

Yes you are so rigth about the support that is given and receive on this board. We often need the enouragement and sometimes we just need to voice our concerns.

I will take this time to thank everybody for the last two years, its been so helpful at times. Thanks for being there here when we need you all.

Carol

So i was reflecting on my band journey and this is what i realized i accomplished.. it hard to believe how much 2 yrs in band land can do... do this and i promise you'll be proud of yourself and feel more motivated..

My Highest BMI: 48.3 (295lbs/134kg)

:)

(Thats when i decided to draw the line and started my journey to bandland!!)

Surgery Weight/BMI: 47.1 (287.7lbs/130.7kg)frown.gif

Current BMI: 27.9 (170lbs/77.2kg):wink:

My BMI from the start to the current has come down 20.4 points!!! (Down 125lbs/56.8kg)

Thats the bmi of a normal weight person lol.. then again the amount of weight lost is equal to a normal size adult woman.. scary when you put it into words like these.. i was carrying the weight of two people on my back and legs and my heart and other organs worked to support two people instead of one... wow what a risk it is to be obese... i never really thought of it that way until now!!!eek.gif

I think we all need to do this to help us realize how far we have come! If you can please share your accomplishment with the rest of us on here!:rolleyes:

Hi. I've been a silent member of this group since the beginning. I've posted a couple of times but mostly I just keep up with you guys. (Sounds a little like stalking, doesn't it?) I've been very attached to you and am sad to see so little action on the board--It's made me think I could be part of the solution.

I had my surgery on March 27th 2007 and have enjoyed a 100 pound weight loss. My life is very different now. I used to need an electric cart to go places of any distance and I used the lift to get in and out of the pool. Now I teach Zumba at the local YMCA.

Even though you guys don't know me--I've been so happy to see your progress and have been motivated by your successes. I've laughed with you, cried some and prayed for you.

I just wanted to thank you for two years of support.

Hi. I've been a silent member of this group since the beginning. I've posted a couple of times but mostly I just keep up with you guys. (Sounds a little like stalking, doesn't it?) I've been very attached to you and am sad to see so little action on the board--It's made me think I could be part of the solution.

I had my surgery on March 27th 2007 and have enjoyed a 100 pound weight loss. My life is very different now. I used to need an electric cart to go places of any distance and I used the lift to get in and out of the pool. Now I teach Zumba at the local YMCA.

Even though you guys don't know me--I've been so happy to see your progress and have been motivated by your successes. I've laughed with you, cried some and prayed for you.

I just wanted to thank you for two years of support.

First of all thank you for joing in the conversation this time...

Your right our board has been a little quiet lately.... i think everyone is jst been busy...

For example. i work full time go to school full time and am currently running around trying to get test and dr. visits taken care of before my plastic surgery on may 28th.. things happen..

but i do miss our live and active board:frown:

My 5 girlz, I am so glad you have started to chat! So your a Zumba instructor my have you come a long way. I love Zumba it is truly my life right now. I am losing inches and am getting very healthy and feeling great.

Our zumba is housed in a men's strength training center. A woman strength trainer was intrigued by our music. We began to chat and she said she would love to dance some. I told her it is much more then mere dancing. I asked her if along with weight training diod she get any cardio, she said, "Oh yes, yes, I do the treadmill" Umm I thought

Well, let me tell you little miss 40's something with the cute little outfit on and hair up in a pony tail could not keep up with the class. I laughed my ass off when she ran out of the gym saying I need air. Just dancing afraid not. I laughed all the way home!

Jeni and Juli thanks for all the inspiration you sure have reached your goals, how proud you must be!!

I am so darn ecsstatic spring has sprung, I love cutting the grass such good exercise and it clears your mind to boot.

So i decided that i want to join a group class at my gym.. they unfortunately do not have zumba... but they do have a dance boot camp.. im going to try that one... and Juli has got me wanting to try the spinning class... so i may try that one as well.. and i need to pick one more.. i figured if i sign myself up for classes 3 days a week then im more accountable to go to the gym.. lol

And im thinkink yoga could be good....

has anyone taken yoga?? whats it like??:unsure:

Jeni,

I am dying to hear what the dance boot camp will be like, that sounds like fun.

Do you think the lapband played the major role or exercise on how fast you lost the weight?

After already losing one lapband i have been so gun shy of keeping this one too tight, so I have ramped up my exercising.

While I am definitely losing inches the lbs hardly budge. I know, I know, muscle weighs more than fat. But I have been pretty stagnant since December when I feel I reached a pretty good sweet spot.

So Juli and Jeni, not sure how you guys were previously shaped....me all my weight is mostly in the abdomen.....what is the feeling with that all cut off?

I mean every time I work out I say if I could take the inner tube off I could work out so much better. LOL

Janine--I'm still laughing about the little Zumba dancer! It IS a workout! I love it. They say when you find the exercise that you love--it won't be such a chore to exercise and I totally believe it. Never have I exercised like this! And I DO believe the consistent exercise has played just as much of a role or more in my weight loss. Now that I teach 4-5 days a week and I don't have the option of "not exercising today," I have much more success with the scale. I love the commitment that teaching brings. Instead of having to put exercise into my schedule--it IS my schedule. And that has made all the difference.

Hi all,

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. I was also hoping to see some photos of Julie post op. So where are they? I bet you look hot!!

Just a quick update-had the upper lobe of my left lung removed on April 29, was home by May 2. Not a walk in the park, but with the right amount of pain meds, its doable. Yesterday was a good day, not much pain and even went out to lunch with my husband. Granted, I havn't been eating much since surgery, but it was nice to get out of the house.

I really love coming back here and seeing how my fellow Marchies are doing, it gives me hope that when all is said and done, I can and will get a fill and get right back on the band wagon. Once again, very happy that I got the band instead of RNY.

Take care all,

Barb

Mrs. H, I'll be posting pictures eventually. I hope to take some this weekend when I graduate.

Glad to hear you're moving forward with your recovery. Keep us updated.

Jeni, Get to that spin class. You may not love it, but you trying new things is the key to staying motivated in the gym.

My5, Howdy! Please actively participate! I love that you are teaching a Zumba class. That's completely amazing!

Janine, My belly was big. I was kind of apple-ly. Do I miss it? No! Do I notice it missing? Yes!!! It's so weird.

Hi Carol!

Catch you all soon!

Dance boot camp is on mon night ill be sure to let you know how it goes. I tried yoga for the first time yesterday and I love it. I'm trying pilates, step, on Sunday and cycling on Tuesday and some class called hi-lo . I can't wait

excerise seem to a theme for all of us now. I sure miss it when I really don't have time. This has been one of those weeks. So much going on, will be glad to get back to it next week.

Jeni, good luck on your boot camp next week.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Hello Fellow Marchies!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing and to gain some motivation!

I am so frustrated and depressed right now. :wub: I went in for yet another fill on Monday and my band was empty again. This is the second time! Why is my band empty again??? My last fill was 1.25cc. My Doc filled me with 1cc this time (why only 1cc when my previous fill was 1.25???). I have to wait 8 weeks to have my band checked (insurance purposes) to see if there is a problem. I posted my concerns on the yahoo group the hospital's lapband dietician started and here is her response:

It is possible for the band to leak but very rare (<1% of the time); oftentimes there is variation +/- 1 cc (or ml) in your band due to air pockets (the band holds a lot of air in addition to saline). But don't worry the surgeons are experts in identifying if your band or port has a leak in it.

WTF??? 1cc is alot to lose from a 4cc band and when you only have 1-2cc's in your band. Somehow this just doesn't sound right.

I'm struggling with my weight right now and using appetite suppresants to keep it under control. I'm glad you guys are still here to keep me motivated cuz that other group sucks!

My5grlz,

Glad to see you here again! I think I remember your name on our original list of Marchies. You've done a great job...100lbs WOW!!! :tt2:

Jeni and Juli,

I'm so envious of you two! I bet you guys are some hotties now! I can't wait to see pics! :eek:

Mrs. Husker,

I hope are feeling better now... :ohmy:

Janine and Carol,

I see you! Way to Go on the exercising! Keep it up! :smile2:

Tammyj,

Sorry you're having so much trouble, but hang in there. I know you are not where you want to be ,but you have done so good. Just think where you would be without the band.

I some times wonder if the urge to eat will ever just go away. The will to eat is my way of coping with everything. So I do understand.

We are here and glad to be here for you.