Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help convincing hubby!

I have been thinking about Lap Band for several years, but can't seem to convince my husband that it is safe. He freaks out each time I mention it. I have an aunt that had the gastric bypass and has done very well. And he has seen this, but is still very closed minded to the surgery. I have signed up for an seminar and am hopin he will attend with me. Any suggestions?

Also, I have BC/BS of Texas. I have inquired in the past about coverage. They told me if it was medically needed, it would be covered. I have checked and a local doctor with high recommendations is a provider. Is there anything that I need to do with my primary doc to start documentation.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

I would find a seminar in your area and take your hubby with you. Maybe after he listens to a surgeon talk about it (and he can ask questions) he may feel better about it.

I agree - see if you can help your husband get more information about the surgery. Mine was dead set against gastric bypass, but when he saw how lapband works, he was okay with it. Now he loves it! :cool2:

I have been thinking about Lap Band for several years, but can't seem to convince my husband that it is safe. He freaks out each time I mention it. I have an aunt that had the gastric bypass and has done very well. And he has seen this, but is still very closed minded to the surgery. I have signed up for an seminar and am hopin he will attend with me. Any suggestions?

Also, I have BC/BS of Texas. I have inquired in the past about coverage. They told me if it was medically needed, it would be covered. I have checked and a local doctor with high recommendations is a provider. Is there anything that I need to do with my primary doc to start documentation.

Hi there!

I know how you feel since I went through the same thing with my hubby. He felt that I should not eat as much, eat better, and exercise, which would save us thousands of dollars. Easy for him to say! So, after many conversations, I convinced him to at least go with me to the free seminar. He did. He actually opened up and asked the surgeon questions afterwards. It was almost like he needed to hear it from the "horses mouth." Since then, he has been supportive of my decision to get the band. My surgery is set for May 14th. I couldn't have gone this far without his support.

If you can get your hubby to attend the seminar with you, perhaps it will have the same affect it did on mine. You may also want to try and network with other patients of the surgeon you are wanting to use. In my area, there are monthly support group sessions and anyone is welcome to join, regardless of "band status." I wish you luck!

Absolutely take him to a seminar! Once he hears that gastric bypass has a 10% chance of serious complications while lap band has .01% that should help some. Then, being able to ask questions about the specific things that are scaring him should take care of the rest.

Check with your insurance company or with the surgeon's office. They should be able to tell you what you need to do/provide. Most require a 5 year weight history. Some require a 6 month supervised diet program. It all depends on your insurance. I had BCBS Louisiana and I didn't have to do anything. I was approved in a few days and had surgery within 3 weeks of my consultation appt. Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches