Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Tall for High Heels

So I LOVE lOve love LOVEEEE high heels. But *sigh* I'm 5'7. This is no big deal if you have a tall man in your life, but for me...I feel like I TOWER over everyone else when I rock the stiletto's. I try to find cute pumps w/ low heels but do you know how hard that is??? Seriously....super frustrating!!! How many of you long legged girls out there don't care and feel comfortable in high heels?

Hahahaha....my wife is 5'11......and she loves to wear heels. I'm moderately tall, so she doesn't get to my height in any of her heels, unless I'm barefoot.

My daughter is 5'7" and she LOVES heels and wears them all the time. Her fiance is 6' or 6'1" I think.

I have a girlfriend who is 5'9" and her DH is 5'7" and she doesn't let that stop her from wearing heels.

I say go for it!

NEVER!!!!!! Im 6'1" and I LOVE heels. I even wear platforms. I love towering over everyone! Height is part of what makes you unique.

Plain, Im your height in heels! LOL! Loves it!

Edited by chocolate_snaps

I'm also 5'7"...and LOVE my heels!!!

My DH is about 5'9" so sometimes I'm a little taller then him, but he loves to see me in the heels so that doesn't bother him at all.

I say if you can wear them, and they make you feel sexy then ROCK THE HEELS!!!!

Speaking for the men of the world...Please where those heels.

AGREED!!! Rock em!

Thanks everyone for the comments!!! I'm gonna go shopping this weekend for some new pumps and get whatever cute ones I can manage to stand in for more than an hour!!! LOL!!

I always wore heels, even at my highest weight, just not all day. Now, can wear them right out of my house, on the subway and right through coming home at night. That was one of the biggest surprises I found with the weight loss.

I am 5'8" and regularly wear 3" boots and shoes now and it feels wonderful.. I don't care if I tower over people either, cause as my legs are getting into shape the heels are giving me a nice look.

Oh I do love shoes and my heels are really tall. In fact the ones I'm wearing today are 4 1/2 inchers. I'm 5'6, so I guess that makes me 5'10 1/2 today. LOL!! My husband is barely scratching 5'8, but he never minds me wearing the heels. He loves them, and he thinks that any man that can handle all that much woman is a Roman God to any other man who sees it.

Yep! That's Right!! LOL!!

I dont really have the shoe fetish thing going on, shoe shopping isnt high on my list of priorities (dont tempt me with jeans though!). My everyday footwear faves are really funky birkenstocks and the like.

However, I dont hesitate to wear high heels when I'm going out - and I'm 5ft 10. I just embrace the whole Amazon sort of thing and really play up my height rather than try to hide it with flat shoes. My DH is 6ft 3 and I can sometimes be almost as tall as him, but I dont worry about towering over other men. To be honest, being tall, I've never found small men appealing anyway, for me to find a man physically attractive, he does have to be taller and heavier than me! Not that that's a conscious decision but I just would never a man shorter than me attractive in that sort of way. And I'm not looking anyway, so I dont particularly care. I love being tall, I wouldnt swap it for being a shortie.

What I did hate though, even though I never got beyond a BMI of 36, was being tall and heavy. I just felt remarkably unfeminine and its also why I guess I've always aimed at a low BMI, tall and willowy to me is elegant, tall and and well padded just made me feel plain huge, whereas you'd call it curvy on a more petite woman.

Ok, I am 5'11 and my DH is 5'7. Mind you, when we got married I was only 5'9. Eh! I don't wear heels only because it makes me tower over him, plus makes me feel like a huge fat giant. I think when I get thinnier I will be more comfortable with it!

Wow how did you grow so much taller than him? That's kinda how I feel too, the tall part is only 1/2 the problem, the fat problem is what makes it just feel like I tower over everyone. But, as I lose the weight it feels better in them when I go out and I think the next step is buying some of those slide in gel thingies so I can just wear em longer!!!

I LOVE to wear my heels! I'm 5'8 and my hubby is 6'7, so I don't have to worry about being to tall for him. Now that I am losing my weight, I am begining to feel much more comfortable with myself "standing" out.

I'm 5-9 and my wife is 5-7. She won't wear heals and I wish she would but she seems to have this "thing" about being taller than me... Me, I think heels look great on the ladies and wish more would wear them... not all the time necessarily but some!