Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been going to the gym for the past 4 months trying atleast to go 3 days a week. Some weeks I meet the 3 days other weeks, I don't.

My husbands pay was cut back and so was his hours recently resulting in us not having the money for my membership to the gym for now.

I have a few DVDs of Pilates and just finished doing one of them called 8 min abs. While the exercises aren't that hard to do, I have found out that Pilates have got to be for the skinny folks. I managed to finish the whole thing but I don't think that I did the exericses exactly the way I was suppose to seeing as how I still have to much in the middle and wasn't able to actually touch my elbow to my knees while doing them.

I was wondering if anyone out there did exercising at their home and if you would care to share with me what you do. I still can do the walking up and down the cove road that I live on (until they come to me and tell me they are going to have to start charging me for use of the road..lol)

I really want to get rid of this stomach and I know that its not going to happen before time to slip into that bathingsuit this summer but atleast I want to be able to look better than I did last yr.

I can totally empathize. My membership is $64/month, and with this economy, I feel it's too much of a luxury (although can you really put a price on health?).

I know a few people who absolutely swear by Turbo Jam. I have been looking into it for a while, and I'm finally going to buy it. The reviews are phenomenal if you don't have knee problems. It's a combination of dancing and kick boxing; really high-energy and upbeat, hip-hop music. It goes for about $80 for all the DVDs and weight gloves, but you can find it a bit cheaper on E-Bay. Slightly expensive, but over the long run, much cheaper than the gym!

I can't wait for my exercise ban to be lifted...3 weeks to go!

hi stacy totally feel you on the economy crap anyway i love to dance i do about 1 hour per day i just turn to my favorite music on the radio or any cd that i like and i dance my self back to sexxxyy hahaha its also free so come join me...lol

hi stacy totally feel you on the economy crap anyway i love to dance i do about 1 hour per day i just turn to my favorite music on the radio or any cd that i like and i dance my self back to sexxxyy hahaha its also free so come join me...lol

Dancing...that sound like fun. I use to love to dance then I gained all this weight and was to embarrassed to dance anymore. I am going to have to give that a try, can't believe I haven't even thought of dancing myself. And the free part, OH BOY YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT KIND OF PRICE. Thanks

Welcome to the wonderful world of stay at home exercise dvd's. Okay my routine is like this: I work out 3-4 days a week depending on my schedule. My favorite tapes are P90 not P90X but just P90. They have a level 1-2 of cardio and sculpting and 10 minute abs and there's a level 3 - 4 of cardio and sculpting. I love the cardio tape and I can keep up. Then I'll switch it up and get out my old taebo tape (the basic 20 minute workout) and then follow that one up by doing WAlking away the Pounds. At Target you can get a DVD that contains 5 workouts in 1. So you can mix it up. That is what i do and i've been losing inches like crazy lately. I'm finally starting to get some definition in my arms too which is awesome. Good luck!

I'm not much for pilates, but fitness tv has some great yoga sessions. It's in the On Demand section if you have cable. There are actually two or three I like (for beginners.) The best part (aside from the fact it's free,) is that I can wear my holey pants and my dog is the only one watching me try those crazy positions. Not sure if it has propelled my weight loss, but I can tell it has toned my arms and waist. They also have cardio yoga and pilates.