Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why did I just throw up saltines?

I am like a dog ona short leash with this lap band. I was very busy and didn't eat enough today so I just decided to snack on a few saltines thinking oh they easily will go down...wrong!

Why oh why? I just threw them up in that heaving kind of way : (

ouch- I thought we could eat crackers- why did this happen? now I can hear that "digestive gurgling sound" and some burping

so much for being hungry

Ouch- I thought we could eat crackers- why did this happen? Now I can hear that "digestive gurgling sound" and some burping

Let me get this strait--You were banded March 2008 and you threw up crackers? What? You didn't chew them with a little bit of Water? I never had that problem. I was banded in Dec 09 and of course I didn't try anything like that until the later part of Jan. I didn't have any problem and I can eat bread in tiny bites with water. That’s supposed to be a NOT. But let me tell you my horror story that happened yesterday and today

Feb. 25 I had my second fill. I followed the rules I fasted no food for 12 hours before my appointment time, only drinking water. He puts in 2.25 because I have been complaining that the 1 cc. that he put in on Feb. 2. was not effective. I could eat lobster and steak (small amounts) cut and chewed properly. He was hesitant to put 2.25 CCs but I was able to drink 12 ounces of water after the 2.25 fill and I gulped the water strait down being a little on the smug side. He said Vickie you call me if there is a problem. I arrogantly (but in a teasing way) told him that I would be making an appointment for another cc in 6 weeks.

After a few hours, I got home and the wrath of God descended upon me for being such an egotistical bitch.

I threw up water all afternoon, all night, and the following morning Feb. 26th. I don’t know how I had that much water and mucus in my system.

I called him early in the morning and told him I was going to have to eat crow for all the smart assed attitude I had and would he please take out a little bit of the distilled water.

Well he told me to come right in—but things got even worse until they got better.

He took at the entire fill and hit a blood vessel in the process. Blood squirted in his face, running down my back. I looked at the water removal and it had blood in it, not much but it was definitely colored, traces of blood. He tells me that my band has been traumatized and needs to heal and threatens to leave it empty so I plead with him no at least put what I had back in which was 1 cc so he put back 1,25 ccs. So now I'm back with no restriction and a very sore bruised band. I wished I had just gone back to TJ where I had the band done in the first place. At least they use x-ray and you can see what is going on. I feel so stupid for not doing that and wasting money that I don't have to spear. Sorry to be rambling on and on.

If the only way you can eat something is by drinking Water with it, then technically you are violating the band rules. This would therefore be an item that you really can't eat. Deciding to do things like drink water with your food is really just eating around the band and defeating yourself.

You have such a touchy band!!! Mine's been a bit touchy after my second fill. I used to be able to eat nuts no problem, but no more. Cashews are really no fun to bring back up. Can you eat nuts? Did you eat the crackers too fast because you were so hungry?

Actually crackers are more likely to cause me an episode than bread is. I've been stuck on crackers a few times, and pb'd them more than once too. There is no rhyme nor reason, no right nor wrong with what you can and cant eat and sometihng you can eat one day might just come back up the next if you dont chew it right.

Vickie, i dont really get the problem with being able to eat lobster and steak well cut up and chewed right? That's how you are SUPPOSED to eat and those are healthy high Protein foods. I think trying to judge your need for a fill by whether you can eat someting is inaccurate, since its so changeable from day to day and you might be like me and have great restriction, lose all your weight and STILL be able to eat bread easily. Yes, I can eat a whole toasted sandwich. But I get stuck on yogurt. Its just how it is, dont try to figure it out, just listen to your own body.

I pb'ed the other morning because I drank some milk too fast. It is different everyday.

I think that the crackers were just sitting there and gobbing on top of eachother inside me and not moving and plugging me up. Maybe too dry? or too starchy? who knows?!!?

Kind of funny how food can look so delicious but it completely changes your desire for it once you have experienced purged out of you and in a chewed up version!

Just had some chicken and pinto Beans tonight after all day friday and all day saturday on Protein shakes and soup!!!

I was nervous to try real food, but it was enough with the Protein shakes!

Dear Raw Carrots are Evil:

Well, you'll probably never have another craving for crackers. When I younger, pregnant, sometimes crackers made me feel less nauseated so I still feel like crackers and milk are an old remedy for any kind of nausea.

The rules have changed now and I know next time you have a craving for saltine crackers your going to think twice. We all have to live and learn -- and I'm sorry that had to happen to you.

Jachut: I know Protein is good for me but I haven't been losing any weight in the month of Feb.09 I had my first fill Feb. 2, 09 and it did nothing but make me more hungry. This second fill, Feb. 25, 09, was like the worst vomiting flu like systems and the dr. greatly suspected I was going to be sick but I insisted and paid hardily for my arrogance.