Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded on Dec. 16th

Hi. I'm new to this so any help it greatly appreciated! I just got banded on Dec. 16th and go for my post-op appt. tomorrow. I feel weird inside.... I feel real tight... kinda like having indigestion?? I know weird. Can anyone explain how they feeled after having surgery??? Thanks.

Hi, I was banded on Dec 18th and I feel as if I have a softball stuck between my ribs and just bloated beyond belief. My left shoulder hurts too. Hang in there hopefully we'll feel better next week! :tounge_smile:

Jayne

Pre-surgery 262

Surgery (12/18/08) - 253

Present (12/21/08) - 249

After my surgery I felt like something was pulling every time I moved. Almost like there was a significant weight sitting on top of my stomach. It was really about 2 1/2-3 weeks were I felt back to my norm. It was very difficult to sit in certin chairs or positions also after surgery. I hope you are recovering well. good luck.:tounge_smile:

It's probably trapped gas. Walking helps! Although fairly non-invasive, Laprascopic surgery is still major surgery. Your insides were moved around and jostled, your liver was moved, and so on. Plus you were pumped full of gas to make the surgery easier to perform. It would be odd if you DIDN"T feel odd! So don't worry, just walk, drink your Water, take the pain med your doc prescribed (either prescription or OTC as you need) and it will get better! :tounge_smile:

And of course a pillow to hold over your incisions helps brace the muscles and reduce pain when you're moving around. It helped me even when just sitting!

Yep.. I remember those days! Hang in there, try the GasX strips and walking.. we're not talking about a 5 mile marathon or anything, but rather than lying down and feeling miserable... walk around.. (and feel miserable! LOL!)

Seriously though... it will go away, but be sure to keep GasX (or whatever anti-gas meds you choose that works) handy. I take a couple of strips and keep them in my purse, even after fills, or depending on what you ate or if you drank to much, too quickly... you may need them on occasion.

Don't feel like you are immune from the sipping or chew, chew, chew syndrome... while you're waiting for your 'restriction' to arrive at the right spot you may feel like you can gulp Water etc. Don't. Practice now, because you're developing good habits for when you need them.

Hi guys, I was just banded on the 16th in Minneapolis, MN. I'm now on an all-liquid diet. I don't feel hungry much, but when I think about or see food I start craving it.

My main problem is that I don't know anyone in real life who has gone through this surgery. I feel very lonely. I lied to all my friends and told them I was leaving town because I didn't want them to know about my surgery. My girlfriend was there for me during my stay at the hospital but now picks a fight out of every other thing I say, and then leaves.

I'm all alone with my Water bottle, pain med and bad TV. I need a hug.

I was banded on Dec. 17th and feel much the same way you all do. I am so glad that I am a teacher and have the next 2 weeks off. I don't have to feel guilty about leaving my students. Gas-X definitely helps. Is anyone else having a hard time getting in all their protien?

I will be honest... I haven't had a Protein Shake since surgery on the 16th. The gas inside me is so bad I haven't felt like eating or drinking allot. I know I should and I'm working on it. Another member suggested Gas-X and I'm going to get some first thing tomorrow.

I will be honest... I haven't had a Protein shake since surgery on the 16th. The gas inside me is so bad I haven't felt like eating or drinking allot. I know I should and I'm working on it. Another member suggested Gas-X and I'm going to get some first thing tomorrow.

Hi! I was also banded on the 16th. Everyone has said it, but I'll reiterate...walk, walk, walk. I got out of the house my 4th & 5th days post-op and went shopping. I could take it at a slow pace, sit down when needed, and I know it helped. Now that I'm 6 days post-op, I can truly say that walking will help most with the gas. We stayed home most of today and I didn't get in the walking that I had on day 4 & 5. I had a good amount of gas mid-day so I got on the treadmill and walked at 2 mph for ten minutes. Nothing vigorous. By the time I was done the gas had calmed substantially.

I'd also suggest you get started on those Protein shakes. I have to say that I like the ready-made ones the best, plus you can drink them right out of the can. Sip...sip...sip. It takes a LONG time to finish one, but you've got to get it in.

Hang in there! From what I read and those I have talked with, this is going to be the best Christmas present ever!

Hi, I was banded on Dec 18th and I feel as if I have a softball stuck between my ribs and just bloated beyond belief. My left shoulder hurts too. Hang in there hopefully we'll feel better next week! :frown:

Hi Jayne! Sorry to hear about the pain you're having. I found that when I had the shoulder pain that it really helped to walk. From what I understand, the pain you are feeling is related to gas and that walking is the best way to get rid of the gas. I'm virtually gas-free now and I walked a good deal. You may not feel like walking with all the gas, but give it a try. You might be surprised.

Hi. I'm new to this so any help it greatly appreciated! I just got banded on Dec. 16th and go for my post-op appt. tomorrow. I feel weird inside.... I feel real tight... kinda like having indigestion?? I know weird. Can anyone explain how they feeled after having surgery??? Thanks.

Hi Krisann..I'm a 12/16 bander as well. Good to meet you! Good luck at your post-op appointment. I had what you're feeling as well and like I mentioned to Jayne, walking seemed to take care of it. It doesn't have to be a fast pace, rather slow and steady. If you haven't tried a good amount of walking, I'd say go for it. It truly did help me. As well, and it probably goes without saying, be sure to mention it at your appointment tomorrow.

Best of luck to you!