Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I have a huge weightloss goal before me. I have about 275 pounds to lose. :scared2:That would put me at about 150 when all is said and done. I figured I would adjust that goal when I get closer.

I have not weighed 150 since about the 5th or 6th grade, if I remember correctly. My first driver's license back in 1985 said 220 and I remember lying about my weight back then.:grouphug:

My husband of 11 years is very supportive of my decision to be banded. My whole family is supportive. None of them have been where I am right now and that is why I am on this board. I need the support of people who have been banded and have gone through what i am going through.

I know exactly where you coming from. I too have about 250llbs to lose. It seems really overwhelming so i have decided to break it down into intervals of 50. If I think about it that way it makes it a little less stressful. It's scary when you really don't have anyone in your family life that can relate. This place has become so important to me because of the support.

Good luck hun and keep in touch.

Thanks for the reply Jenny. I am like you. I think I will break it down into smaller goals. That 275 is just too big of a number for me to wrap my mind around. :blush:

I can only imagine how I will feel with just 100 pounds gone. :shades_smile:I am so looking forward to that!

We will get it done! :)

Jenny are you with PVSA? Good luck to both of you...you will be totally new woman

Yes I am with pvsa. Dr. Haag is my surgeon. how about you?

I was banded on November 14. Dr. Haag is a really nice guy. I still feel sore but I am hoping that will pass in the next couple of days.

When I began my weight loss journey in Feb. I also had 200+

pounds to lose. I have lost quite a bit and the local paper even did an article about my success. One of the ladies I work with was horrified that I was quoted in the paper saying "I am going to Celebrate every freakin pound". That is what I feel you have to do, CELEBRATE every pound. Just take it one day and one pound at a time!! GOOD LUCK!!

Each day and each pound and each goal is a triumph over the habits of our Old Lives. Each day the sun rises and we can train ourselves to do our best.

To do MY best means I have to find a way to lay the old burdens and habits down by the side of the road and keep moving in the direction *I* choose.

Thanks Jack. Those statements are quite motivating. I think I'm going to print them off and put them on my computer and in my weight loss journal if you don't mind.

hey just wanted to wish you all teh best! i have 232 to lose and yes it will be a long journey, but the best thing is that you have started! as someone already mentioned just break it down into stages. as im from the uk we weight in stones and lbs so i just take it one stone at a time!

You can do it hun!

xxx

I have been on my pre-op diet now for almost two weeks. I'll weigh again on Monday. I lost 12 pounds in my first week. I could hardly believe it. I am wondering how I have done this week. I am sure not as much weight this week but any loss is a good loss.

I have been getting my packing list ready for my trip. We are going on a road trip in order to get to the hospital for the surgery. I am being banded in Mexico and we (me, my husband, my sister and my BIL) are driving there. It's going to be one heck of a road trip from Missouri to California and then into Mexico.

My BIL is being banded the same day. It is very cool to have someone so close to me sharing in this journey.

I wanted to give my support to you as well; it'll get better as time goes on. As a recent bandster (12/17/08), I've started to look at the short-term goals. I am going to be extremely excited when I get below 400 lbs (currently at 421, down from 452 pre-op). It'll be the first time I've been below that amount in over a year and a half! Then, 350, 300, 250 and my final destination of 220 (which I haven't been at that weight since high school).

Hang in there! You're going to do great :)

-Matt

I wanted to give my support to you as well; it'll get better as time goes on. As a recent bandster (12/17/08), I've started to look at the short-term goals. I am going to be extremely excited when I get below 400 lbs (currently at 421, down from 452 pre-op). It'll be the first time I've been below that amount in over a year and a half! Then, 350, 300, 250 and my final destination of 220 (which I haven't been at that weight since high school).

Hang in there! You're going to do great :)

-Matt

Congrats Matt your doing great. Its only a matter of time before you are below that 400 mark. Keep up the good work!:)

Good Luck!! When I started I was needing/wanting to lose 290lbs. When I first thought of it, it was almost unbelievable. That was more then both my husband and son combined. But now that I am down 50 lbs from pre-op dieting, I know I can do this and so can you! It might take awhile but the payoff with be fantastic!! :lol:

I might adjust my goal weight as I get lower, seeing that I am 6 ft tall and wanting to weight 175...........but would be happy weighing less then hubby :tongue: