Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a 4ccs band!! Anyone having these problems

I have a 4cc's band and I have had two fills with no restriction. Is this the right band?? Why am i still having no restriction I can eat anything and i have been because i know i can and I am craving it. I have 1 and 1/2ccs in my band now. thanks everyone it is just getting kinda discouraging dealing with this.. Thanks

1.5 CC is a small fill in a 4 cc band. My first fill was 1.7, and my doctor usually does 2.0 for the first fill in a 4 cc band. Your doctor is just taking things slow, which isn't a bad idea as long as the cost of your fills is included in the cost of your band surgery! The band isn't something that works immediately for everyone. My husband has a larger band and it took 5 fills and nearly a year before he hit a good restriction level. Just be patient, and get another fill if it has been a few weeks since the last one.

I have the 4cc band and my dr put in 0.6 ccs at the first fill. When I had my second fill appointment we decided not to put in anymore because my loss is steady, I feel full with a cup of food, and my hunger is not unbearable. I do get hungry again in about 2 hours, but it's not a problem. I can eat just about anything as long as I chew it well, but I make good food choices the vast majority of the time. I think, right now, my success is 80% me and 20% the band. There will probably come a time in the future that I will want more fill, but for now I'm happy with my results.

Hi sweetmama:

I had some restriction post surgery from the swelling. I think I got my first fill at about 6 weeks out. I felt restriction on my third fill. I think it's better for them to be cautious. It's not a race. You didn't gain it overnight, and you shouldn't lose it overnight.

My fill is at 2.25 or 2.5 I can't remember. I'm close to goal and I haven't had a fill in about 6 months.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

i have a 4cc band and currently have 2.0. i was up to 2.2 but had to have an unfill. i am very tight at 2.0. i think you will get restriction soon. :drool:

Sweetmama,

I have a 4cc band with 2.6 cc's in it. I am very tight, however this did not happen right away. They started me slow like you. At 1.8 cc's I started getting good restriction. The band is tricky sometimes, I was up to 2.7 and had to have an unfill due to being obstructed. They took me back to 2 cc's after 4 weeks they put .4 cc's back in. After another 5 weeks the put in another .2cc's leaving me where I am at now 2.6cc's. I know how frustrating it can be, there were day's I was so hungry I cried. Please know this will pass. Try to distract yourself and eat a lot of high Protein solid foods. Good luck you can and will do it!

Sweetmama,

I have a 4cc band and I was banded Nov 14 so I have no fill of course. I am on day 9 and have not been hungry, straight liquids for 21 days. Anyway I am having problems getting my liquids down because I feel so tight when I drink. I was talking to my fill doctor and she explained it to me and it made a LOT of since as where before I was a little confused. She stated for example.... you and I got banded on the same day and was given the same size band. My stomach maybe "thicker" than your stomach so therefore my band will already be tighter than your band. Everyone is differnt. I may only have to have a very small fill or fewer fills, where You might have to have SEVERARL fill to get your "sweet spot". All I know is this, after my 21 days on liquids when I start to eat food. If I can eat 3-4 oz of meat and 1/2 cups veggies at each meal and I am satisfied and loosing around 2 pounds a week than I do not need a fill accoring to my fill doctor. I honestly beleive that this is a tool not a magic band and you are going to have to work with it. I think you still need to try to do your part and have some self control when it comes to food. We need to control the food and not let the food control us. That is why we are here in the first place. Dont get me wrong the band is a tool to help with that as well, I just think everyone is going to be different as far as how much fill it will take. Good luck and try to talk to your doctor. I also have heard that some fill doctors have a "standard" like giving a .5cc fill at a time. If the doctor is not listening to you and you are telling them that you are still hungry, maybe you need research another fill doctor that will listen to you and what your body is telling you. I hope this has helped some. Dont get fustriated, YOU have CHOOSEN to do this and YOU can!

Hi, My first fill was 1.2cc, 2nd was .05cc, 3rd was .05cc and just had one last Tues (today is Saturday) of .05cc which totals 2.7cc. My nurse told me this last time that my band holds up to 5cc so I am assuming I have a 4cc band also. So far I have lost 51lbs. I think I might be done with fills for a while. This last one might be my sweet spot. It usually takes a week for this to kick in for me so we will see.

Beckyo

Hi, I posted last saying I was at 2.7cc. It has been two weeks today since I had that last fill. I am very very tight. I also have a 4cc band. I am going to give it another two weeks and then if I can't eat much at that time, I will ask for a slight unfill. My opinion is that you have to eat to loose.

Beckyo

I found I had enough restriction after each fill to continue losing moderately sowly, but it took till 3.0 cc to actually get "tight" and i had a bit out. My fills are now .1 cc and taking out .2cc left me WIDE open. As you get more Fluid in a 4cc band, teeny tiny fills make a big difference, you have plenty of scope to get much tighter at this point.

3 is good maintenance level for me, now that the hormonal issue that caused brief over tightness has resolved. To lose anymore, I'd need more Fluid.< /p>

Yes, I had a rough time during my second month (after a 1.5 fill). I was hungry and cheated all the time. I did not gain weight but didn't lose either. The next fill up to 2.5 really made a difference in me. Everyone is different so just be patience. Once it is tight enough, trust me you will know! Good Luck!

I have a 4.4 band and the most it can hold is 4cc. I was banded 3 years ago and I just had a adjustment and I am at 3.5 so honestly it really depends on the person. I haven't had an adjustment for over a year and I needed a kick start so I had a tweek of .2cc, yep just a little one. Hang in there, you will find your spot!!

Edited by bayteelee

I have a 4cc's band and I have had two fills with no restriction. Is this the right band?? Why am i still having no restriction I can eat anything and i have been because i know i can and I am craving it. I have 1 and 1/2ccs in my band now. thanks everyone it is just getting kinda discouraging dealing with this.. Thanks

I have a 4cc band as well, think the size is 9.75 but holds 4cc.

Not sure why-but ask your doc. You are not getting the recommended adjustments as outlined by Inamed-makers of the lapband.

First fill should be 2cc and then .5 every 4 weeks thereafter. But these are just the guidelines, docs can vary.

Like you, I received 2 adjustments - but that allowed me to get to goal and then some. My first fill was 2cc. Then 4 weeks later .5cc. That was it! Got restriction while in the office....had to drink Water. I never went back for another fill.

After I hit goal and then kept loosing, I went in for a slight unfill.

So, don't be discouraged. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't have lost an ounce and would still not have any restriction.

Just go back for adjustments.