Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else had the experience where their port incision seems to be taking a long time to heal? Mine formed a big scab and it was painful. The first scab came away from the skin and it looked like it was infected so I went in and they said it was fine. The second scab was just as painful and it came off last week and a new scab formed. I did yard work this weekend and it came away from the skin again. It just seems like it is never going to heal. I am 4 weeks post-op and all other incisions are just red marks. It also seems that the top of my stomach seems to still be swollen??? Just wondering if this is normal. I have to go in for my first fill Nov. 20th and scared that they won't do it if that incision isn't done healing.:D

I had something similar. I was healed and then the port site looked like it opened back up, was red, etc. I was worried I was infected. The doctor said that in most people the stitch goes into the body and is passed - in my case the body is rejecting it - so it is working its way out. He went ahead with the fill (it was the second). But you should get it checked out to be sure

Do you think I should wait until I go in for the fill to have it looked at? I go to the office to weigh and then to xray for the fill. I is getting pretty annoying, it is kind of tender too. I am walking everyday but a little leary of using the exercise machines because of the port incision. I was going to return to bowling (5 weeks after surgery) next week but don't know if I should.

im 2 weeks after surgery and mine is almost gone and 3 no scars tg not even red mine was glued,whats weird u cant even see where the scars are so weird

I went to Boot camp about 2 months after -it includes like 10 mins of abs work. Anyway, I ended up a little sore - so I think bowling after 5 weeks might be pushing it - just from what I experienced.

Re: the doctor - it depends on when your appointment is, and what you think. I waited about 2 weeks. Good luck

Called my surgeons office today and the nurse told me not to worry, that the port incision takes a while to heal since the port is imbedded in the fatty tissue. She said it will heal but if you are active then you keep pulling it open but eventually it will heal.

I asked if I could start bowling next week and she said I could as long as I am at least four weeks post-op, which I am (oct 7th was surgery). I am going to see how it goes and then call the office if there are problems.

She didn't think that getting my fill on the 20th would be an issue. We will see I guess, it is just frustrating.

Hi.. I'm 3 weeks post op. My port incision also got infected. I applied fucidin ointment which is antibiotic ointment. I applied for few day and it was healed. On my 2 weeks post op.. I was out of pain. You can get the ointment from pharmacy. Wish you well:)