Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port pain after almost 4 weeks- normal?

I was banded on 9/22. No fills. Am on soft foods now. Since Sunday my port pain has gotten worse. It goes around to my back. I did not need to have any pain medication after the day of surgery. Then on Sunday I took a vicodin for the pain. Since then I have been taking tylenol PM (liquid) at night. I saw my surgeon on Monday and he said it's probably because I am doing more. It does hurt more as the day goes on. Has anyone else had it hurt this long.:smile2:

Me! But mine has hurt a little since my 1st fill. I figure honestly I've lost some and my insides are a little different, if that makes sense. But mine doesn't hurt badly enough for tylenol, let alone something stronger. Sorry you feel bad!

Hi I was banded on 8/28 and had my first fill on columbus day. Today it seems that I get a stinging pain on and off. It doesn't hurt hurt but like a fleeting sting. What does yours feel like-Elisa

I swear I was almost 5 weeks out before my port pain went away. I was convinced that when I went for my first fill they wuld tell me that my port had flipped. Thank God that was not the case. My port was fine.

After my fill though for like a week when I would excercise I would get a deep burning feeling like I was pulling something I shouldn't. That to went away and all is well again.

Good luck.

I had kinda sharp shooting pain from my port to my belly button for exactly 1 month after my surgery...

I got my first fill two weeks post op and ever since then I get these sharp pains under my port. Usually I get them when I am laying down or when I roll over in bed sometimes it feels like I'm being stabbed. I asked my DR and he said it is the nerves that are irritated. I hope it goes away soon it has been going on for 4 weeks.

Me too! I was banded on 9/29 and I still feel pulling and burning pain when I bend down! It gets worse by the end of the day. My dr says it is worse for me because I had two hernia repairs and the band. I'm seeing my surgeon next week to be sure and get a fill!