Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Cookbook Anyone?

I've looked at only a mere fraction of the recipes for us bandsters--from liquids to mushies, to solids, and I am overwhelmed at all the choices! How about a Lap Band Cookbook?:crying: Something that covers ALL the stages, from pre-surgery liquids to post-surgery solids? I know that there are gazillions of great recipes and ideas on this site, with more that have yet to be posted. I could make my own cookbook, but I know that with the overwhelming popularity {and success} of this procedure, a Lap Band Cookbook would be a phenomenal success. Hey, Administrators! Any ideas? Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!:D

I'd be interested. I love to cook (although I don't have as much free time as I used to) and I am sure my wife would love me to cook more often (especially if it were more band friendly).

To be blunt, my job doesn't help my extended weight loss, neither does my Dr. changing his insurance plan requirements.

I know I need a fill, but not going to be almost $300.00 just to get it!

I found a FANTASTIC cook book called Eating well after weight loss surgery

and it covers all stages. I love it so much, I had a coming out dinner party this past week. It is so good that my friends who have not had the surgery wanted to borrow my book!

I'm pretty sure there are books you can get already, theres like 2 out but one only for recipes and from what i've heard their not even good, i'd definitely buy one if it had every from pre op foods to every single food you can have post op plus what to do/eat after you have fills

and it covers all stages. I love it so much, I had a coming out dinner party this past week. It is so good that my friends who have not had the surgery wanted to borrow my book!

I have the "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" cookbook and I heart it! It has great, fast and easy recipes, even many vegetarian choices.

I highly recommend it!

I use the "Eating Well After WLS" cookbook also, love the recipes. I also reference recipes from this site. I agree, if there was a book put together, people would buy it. Much easier to grab a cookbook when in the kitchen, then the computer - especially those of us who still have dial up!

Hello I have just joined, mainly in response to your post about a cook book. I am currently creating recipes that I have made up up to create a lap specific cook book. I was wanting to maybe have a shared recipe section. I have some broths high in nutrients and some stage two puree's and so on. What do the folks out there think. Please email with thoughts and favorite recipes.

Thank you pickleruss52

:thumbup:

I have joined this site a while ago, but have just gotton the nerve to post. But, anyway the purpose of me responding is to say this..This is a great idea and I am always looking for ideas, my husband and I both have had lapband surgery and I am having problems with what to make.

My point is this..if everyone or anyone would like to email me their receipes I have aprogram that can put them all together and in a book format. I would then be willing to put it together and share it with all the MEMBERS of this site if that is ok with the site officials.

There are sooo many good ideas and receipes here and I have been trying to look at them all but like cierrasgrandma said going throught the different stages, and then ideas afterwards would be nice.

If this is something that we can do please let me know and I would be more than happy to put it together and share.

I have done this for different groups for their fundraisers and teacher gifts, it was a lot of fun... If you make it and take a picture of it and send that along also it can be put with the receipe.

I have joined this site a while ago, but have just gotton the nerve to post. But, anyway the purpose of me responding is to say this..This is a great idea and I am always looking for ideas, my husband and I both have had LAP-BAND® surgery and I am having problems with what to make.

My point is this..if everyone or anyone would like to email me their receipes I have aprogram that can put them all together and in a book format. I would then be willing to put it together and share it with all the MEMBERS of this site if that is ok with the site officials.

There are sooo many good ideas and receipes here and I have been trying to look at them all but like cierrasgrandma said going throught the different stages, and then ideas afterwards would be nice.

If this is something that we can do please let me know and I would be more than happy to put it together and share.

I have done this for different groups for their fundraisers and teacher gifts, it was a lot of fun... If you make it and take a picture of it and send that along also it can be put with the receipe.

Ive just ordered lots of cookbooks from Amazon and now cant wait for them to turn up, thanks for the above suggestions. :scared2:

:):thumbup::thumbup:

My op is on Friday (scary!) so the books should turn up in my recovery week, bit of light reading !!

will let you know how I get on and any specific receipes will post them on.

xx

Is this the cookbook by Patt Levine?

I have joined this site a while ago, but have just gotten the nerve to post. But, anyway the purpose of me responding is to say this..This is a great idea and I am always looking for ideas, my husband and I both have had LAP-BAND® surgery and I am having problems with what to make.

My point is this..if everyone or anyone would like to email me their recipes I have a program that can put them all together and in a book format. I would then be willing to put it together and share it with all the MEMBERS of this site if that is ok with the site officials.

There are sooo many good ideas and recipes here and I have been trying to look at them all but like cierrasgrandma said going through the different stages, and then ideas afterward would be nice.

I have done this for different groups for their fundraisers and teacher gifts, it was a lot of fun... If you make it and take a picture of it and send that along also it can be put with the recipe.

That's a great idea. There are lots of good recipes that have been posted here. One gal who is always experimenting and coming up with new ones I think is called GeorgiaGirl. She'd be a great resource.

3_13_8.gif