Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, I started my "mushies" stage yesterday. I did good, I'll hand that part to myself. I noticed yesterday and today, I'm getting hungry inbetween my meals. I am only suppose to eat 3 times a day and only 1 to 1 1/2 oz. per meal. My papers say DO NOT snack BETWEEN MEALS. Any suggestions as of what I can do between meals to ease the hunger pain. Also, I have noticed that I am not getting that feeling of being full after I have eaten. I'm not sure if this is due to no restriction or very little restriction as of right now. I'm not even sure if the Dr. put anything in my band yet and I wont know until Wednesday morning.

My scales aren't moving hardly anymore. I am (as of today) 2 weeks post op and have lost only 12 points. I thought 12 pounds in 2 weeks, wow that pretty good. Then I see people on here that have lost 18 to 20 pounds by now and I am starting to become depressed and wonder if I am doing something wrong. Am I, am I doing something wrong? Or maybe just maybe they are counting what they lost on their preop diet. I wasn't required to do a preop diet. I went in weighing 264 and as of today I weight 252.

You won't feel full until you get fills. Right now your band is in place but has no "fills" or restriction in it. This is the hard part; you just have to hang tough. Don't overeat as your band is still healing! It will get easier; this is the rough part.

I found a pink lemonade Fiber mix from Fiber All that you mix in either 16 or 20 oz of Water depending on how strong a taste you like. comes in individual packets so you can take it with you

For some reason it holds me over till dinner, I have it in the afternoon...and it helps with fiber requirements........

1- 1 1/2 ounces per meal 3 times a day doesn't seem like much.....you have to follow your doctors rules though........ i am not sure how they expect you to get your required Protein in although I didn't start mushies till week 3......Surgeons know best and you can't go wrong following his instructions.......Good luck

Our surgeon told us not to take any Fiber without checking with him first......So sassymama if you try that you might want to ask your doc if it's ok.

But it really will get better.

And I was told this first part it is way more important to heal properly than to lose, so don't sweat the scale. It will come off.

Each doctor has their own rules, mine has me eating 5-6 times a day... but to answer your question... there is Special K Protein Water, their berry flavor tastes just like tropical punch kool-aid, it helps take the 'edge off hunger' (says that on the label actually) and is good for you. Just sip on that and drink a lot of Water (be sure to wait the appropriate time after eating though- as per your doc's instructions)

Do NOT compare your weight loss to anyone else's.

I know my ticker starts my weight loss with my pre-surgery weight, you never know what people's weight loss includes or the diet they follow.

Actually if I was smart I would have done surgery day's weight, I gained 8 pounds the same day! LOL! That would have made my weight loss look awesome now! :laugh: Do not worry about it. Your time now is to heal and learn good eating habits. Don't cheat and don't worry about your scale's numbers!:thumbup:

You may want to call and check in with your surgeon. Mine read 2oz 3x a day and I was STARVING. Like my stomach was rumbling so bad that you could hear it across the room. My surgeons office said that the booklet was more aimed at gastric bypass patients and the lb patients could either have a snack or eat a bit more.

So, if you are starving, give a call....it can't hurt.

Hey there..i drank an Atkins shake..they have really yummy flavors and alot of Protein...or another kinda shake replacement. I also snacked on lite yogart or Jello. I ate until a felt full. I wasnt trying to eat as if I had a fill when i didnt. Your just going to frustrate yourself. Hang in there and good luck

:thumbup: Jusitce

First of all, never compare yourself to anyone else. We all lose at different rates. Anyway, at this point your body may be reacting to NOT having enough calories so it will hold onto your fat, that may be why you are not losing. Your body is basically in a "starvation mode." My DR told me not to expect to lose much weight during this stage.

2nd, in this time before your first fill, you will get hungry between meals. My DR said it was okay to have a little something between meals. Be sure and ask when you see him next, or call his office.

God Bless!

Hey there..i drank an Atkins shake..they have really yummy flavors and alot of Protein...or another kinda shake replacement. I also snacked on lite yogart or Jello. I ate until a felt full. I wasnt trying to eat as if I had a fill when i didnt. Your just going to frustrate yourself. Hang in there and good luck

:thumbup: Jusitce

I love the Atkins shakes, they are so yummy. I have tried several different Protein Shakes and the atkins is the only one that actually

has a good flavor to them. I like the strawberry smoothie the best

OK, I started my "mushies" stage yesterday. I did good, I'll hand that part to myself. I noticed yesterday and today, I'm getting hungry inbetween my meals. I am only suppose to eat 3 times a day and only 1 to 1 1/2 oz. per meal. My papers say DO NOT snack BETWEEN MEALS. Any suggestions as of what I can do between meals to ease the hunger pain. Also, I have noticed that I am not getting that feeling of being full after I have eaten. I'm not sure if this is due to no restriction or very little restriction as of right now. I'm not even sure if the Dr. put anything in my band yet and I wont know until Wednesday morning.

My scales aren't moving hardly anymore. I am (as of today) 2 weeks post op and have lost only 12 points. I thought 12 pounds in 2 weeks, wow that pretty good. Then I see people on here that have lost 18 to 20 pounds by now and I am starting to become depressed and wonder if I am doing something wrong. Am I, am I doing something wrong? Or maybe just maybe they are counting what they lost on their preop diet. I wasn't required to do a preop diet. I went in weighing 264 and as of today I weight 252.

Hi! You are doing very well. I lost 23 pounds in the pre-op diet and then have lost only 5 more pounds after surgery and I am now 4 weeks out. I had my first fill last Friday which was 4ccs. I still have lost no more weight and really feel the same hunger as when I had no restriction. I'm hoping this will change because 3 meals at 4 oz a meal just doesn't get it for me! I've been snacking on applesauce and then yogurt or fat free milk. I drink lots of Water and excercise so I'm hoping I'll start losing soon or at my next fill. Don't worry about the hunger if you haven't had a fill-that is very normal. I was only able to lose weight due to shear will power!

Good Luck

I love the Atkins shakes, they are so yummy. I have tried several different Protein shakes and the atkins is the only one that actually

has a good flavor to them. I like the strawberry smoothie the best

Hey Sassy ,

I love the strawberry too!and they have a mocha one that has a coffee taste (the bomb) and I find them to be soo illing. I just bought a shake that has 35 grams of Protein but i it doesnt look too good. well see :thumbup: