Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm back & banded!!!

I'm banded!!!:tt2:

I wanted to get back here to post sooner but I really did not have the energy. Today is the first day since Monday's surgery that I've felt like sitting down here at the computer.

Surgery went well. I was extremely nervous but I was taken care of very well. The only pain I had after surgery was from the gas. It felt like ball in the middle of my stomach. I was given morphine when I got back to my room and I instantly got sick. I tried the morphine a little later and got more sick. So I ended up staying off the pain meds until the evening. I had to spend the night b/c the next morning I had to do a swallow study. The liquid I drank for the test was awful. I actually made me sick again. I was cool seeing the band on the x-ray machine and watching the liquid go through the band.

I came home Tuesday and since I've been home I've been walking to try and get the gas out. I didn't expect the gas to be as bad as it was. It's much better today. I've been off the pain meds since Wednesday morning. I'm not hungry at all. I keep telling myself to drink so I do not get dehydrated.

My wife had the surgery on Tuesday. She ended up spending two night in the hospital. Doctors wanted to monitor her eating and sugars before she went home. She is doing well now and just got back home about and hour ago.

I'm thrilled to see that you and the Mrs. are home and well. I have to stay overnight because they like to monitor how the anesthesia affects my apnea. All things considered, it's nice not to have my hubby hovering, and having to avoid my pets...although being chained to an IV pole sucks!

I'm thrilled to see that you and the Mrs. are home and well. I have to stay overnight because they like to monitor how the anesthesia affects my apnea. All things considered, it's nice not to have my hubby hovering, and having to avoid my pets...although being chained to an IV pole sucks!

CONGRATS to you both. Take it easy and take care!

Lanakila- I HATED that IV pole too...It was a happy moment when they actually let me loose from that. When I got home I couldn't avoid my pets...that just doesn't happen in my house hold. However, at least with the cats and dog, it really seems like they know something is different. My cat that typically make muffins at night on my tummy moved to my leg. My dog will rest on my right side when it used to be the left. Call me crazy but I think she knows. :biggrin:

I completely agree on the pet thing and the IV thing! I was never so grateful to be able to walk from a bed to a bathroom as when I was after not having to drag that darned pole with me!

My usually frisky dog immediately, obediently sat when I came through the door and hasn't pawed my lap once. The kitties have come over to sit on the arm of the chair, but seem to "smell" the difference and have not yet tried to climb on me.

Because my doc put my large incision horizontally in the crease of my rolls, there's a natural cushion of roll above and below so I haven't had to worry about it rubbing anything. The smaller incisions don't hurt any more than a typical boo-boo would.

i wish more people were as intuitive as our animals seem to be! i have four cats and while they made me nervous that they were going to jump or try to lay on me...i think it was all me. all they wanted to do was cuddle.

congrats again to all!!

dwrd, so glad to "hear" from you! Really glad that you and your wife are home and doing well. I have been hit and miss the last couple of days too. Had to go to the main August list to find out if you'd posted yet! Was starting to worry!

The gas has been bad but not toooooo unbearable but the Constipation, I never took into account. Sorry, TMI but it's kinda the biggest problem I have at this point! LOL!!

Take care and hang in there. Do you two have someone at home helping you?

...Do you two have someone at home helping you?

Yes, my mom spent a few nights to help out with the kids. My in-laws also helped by taking our kids out for dinner for a few hours each night as well. I was a big help justing knowing there so someone else there to help with their needs.

Right now we are both feeling much better. Still some gas but not as bad as before. My incisions are now starting to itch, which is always a good sigh that they are healing.

Congratulations on both of your surgeries. So glad that you are both home and doing well. Good luck with you journey.

Yes, my mom spent a few nights to help out with the kids. My in-laws also helped by taking our kids out for dinner for a few hours each night as well. I was a big help justing knowing there so someone else there to help with their needs.

Right now we are both feeling much better. Still some gas but not as bad as before. My incisions are now starting to itch, which is always a good sigh that they are healing.

Oh good! I had my mom here to deal with DD. It was such a huge help. DH is home now til the 8th (vacation) and my mom went home today. She'll be back on the 7th to help while DH is gone at work the 8th-10th. I have my post-op appt on the 10th so it'll be nice to have her help that week. I'm sure I'd be fine but since she's willing, I'm taking her up on it. The Dr is an hour away and I don't have child care so have to take my 2 year old with me. So having my mom here to drive and keep DD occupied is huge for me. Starting my 4th week that next Monday, then I'm on my own when DH goes to work (he's a fireman and works a 72hr shift). Should be perfectly okay by then except for the lifting restriction, that'll go another 2 weeks.

Sounds like your folks are close by, that's nice. DH and I are on our own. Family is at the very least an hour away (my mom is 3hrs away) and everyone works so it's tough on us sometimes.

Glad to hear you both are doing so much better today! Every day seems to be getting better! My incisions are itching too. Not sure if it's the glue on them or them! Probably both!

Take care!

Glad to hear that both of you are home and doing well. It should be helpful to both be going through the same experience.

I agree about the animal intuition. It is amazing, I have 4 Jack Russell Terriers, calm is not the norm at our house. But the dogs have been really good, no jumping or landing on the belly. They have been very respectful and careful about snuggling and curling up in the chair with me. They are very smart!

That is great news you and your wife are doing well dwrd :):w00t:

Hope you are feeling like your old selves sooN!!