Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on day eight of the post-surgery liquid diet (I have to do it for 15 more days!) I need to be on liquids until my post op diet and it's already starting to feel too long. Today was the first day I started craving food.< /p>

I was walking down the street and restaurants were smelling good... my neighbors in my apartment building are cooking cinnamon rolls and they smell good! I was visiting someone's house for a bit and they were cooking dinner and it smelled good!

last week it didn't bother me if people ate around me. Now just the smell of food is making me drool! I drank another Protein Shake and am going to BED early to watch a movie and get my mind off--though the cinnamon roll smell is wafting into my bedroom. I wish they were cooking fish tonight instead!

My whole drive home I kept thinking about clam chowder or cream of mushroom Soup. I can only have broth right now.

What do you do about cravings???? I hope this isn't a sign of something to come? ;)

I guess I don't expect my cravings to go away. I don't even expect HUNGER to go away until I get the fill right. They say the liquid and mushie stages are bandster hell where you just have to grit your teeth and get through them. Right after surgery it makes sense you aren't hungry but as your stomach heals and gets used to the band, for most (not all) hunger returns. So you have to just tough it out!

It will get better once you can eat solids and especially once you get going on the fills. At least, that's what I've learned from the 2 books, surgeon, and the boards! LOL so I'm braced for it.

I understand completely what you are going through. I stopped by my girlfriend's house the other night and she made fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was torture. The great thing is you HAVE NOT given in to those cravings and have stayed committed to your post-op healing process.

I'm not sure exactly why you have been told to be on just Clear Liquids. I only had to be on Clear Liquids for 4 days. You may want to ask your doctor. I am actually on the full liquid stage which helps a lot. Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup strained (about 1/2 cup) is allowed per "meal" for me. =)

Kimberly my doc requires 1 week of liquids (water and broth and liquid Jello that hasn't set yet gag) and that's about IT. Week two we get that and Protein Drinks and thicker Soups if pureed. Week 3 we get mushies...

they are all a little different; but I've read books that say liquids for 4 weeks (wow). Mine's liquids 2 mushies 2 then progress to soft solids....

Each surgeon has to have his or her own version I think!

Yeah, it sounds like every version IS different! Isn't that funny? I just hope littlefroggy gets cream of mushroom Soup soon! That was just about the highlight of my day today! LOL! Actually, I am loving the thinned down baby food too--everyone thinks I'm crazy for that one but it does taste close to real food!

I'm really trying to get ready for my 1st 2 weeks post op. I've been on the preop diet since 7/25 (getting 1 3oz piece of chicken or fish and 1 serving green veggies, plus 2-3 shakes) and now to go from that to broth for another 2 weeks...you can bet I'm going to love that Soup too! And people who don't know think this is the "easy way out" HUH! But, it's worth the work now for my band to heal well.

Oh that's right!I forgot that you have to go back for the band this week! You are going to do great-you have so much willpower already! Congrats!

I didn't even have a post op diet...just tests and boom-surgery! So, yeah, it's good that you have all that preparation under you belt already.

Lucky you! Thanks for your good wishes.

How long have you had the band now? I'm excited to finally get it, but it's amazing how much better I already feel. Losing 30 pounds helps, you know? I've got a TON more to lose but am surely pleased with that start. I know it will slow down but that's ok too. I feel better and can take it slowly! ;)

I just got the band on 8/20. I am glad that you are feeling so great already. Yes, 30 lbs does feel great. Obesity is very tiring. I'm only 31 and get winded and sore very easily.

Yeah, it sounds like every version IS different! Isn't that funny? I just hope littlefroggy gets cream of mushroom Soup soon! That was just about the highlight of my day today! LOL! Actually, I am loving the thinned down baby food too--everyone thinks I'm crazy for that one but it does taste close to real food!

I've actually been testing out baby foods since I am still pre-op. I found them to taste like VERY well-chewed food, which is the point once we get to whole foods anyway, right?. I add a little Mrs. Dash or some other spices to the jarred meats and it is actually not bad at all.