Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious to see how you fellow bandsters handle snack time....when snack time comes do you stop drinking 30mins before and 60mins after?

Thanks

Chris

In my program we are not allowed Snacks. We get three meals a day and that is it. I will have to stop drinking 15 minutes before a meal and 2 hours afterward. I am having my surgery tomorrow.

I don't get this delayed drinking before and excessive delay drinking afterwards. How are you supposed to get in all your liquids? I have no drinking restriction prior to eating and recommended waiting 15-30 minutes after eating. I usually wait 30 minutes. I couldn't deal with 2 hours. It seems that most on here say 45 minutes to 1 hour afterwards. This is the first time I've seen 2 hours. You should double check and ask your doctor why you have to wait 2 hours.

Also, not to get too far off track.....what kinds of things do you eat for snack time. I was kinda upset with myself as I am on day 1 of mushie stage and just had a snack of yogurt. I come to realize the yogurt is 6oz 2 oz over the 4 I am suppose to be sticking too..

Thanks

Chris

I am glad you questioned the waiting 2 hours after a meal to drink. I just rechecked my binder and I actually have to stop drinking 10-15 minutes before a meal and wait 1 hour after a meal to drink again. My nutritionist said that if you drink with a meal or shortly thereafter, the liquid will make the food you ate go through your stoma faster and you will we hungry.

I think I need to make a list of important items to hang up so I don't forget anything.

I don't get this delayed drinking before and excessive delay drinking afterwards. How are you supposed to get in all your liquids? quote]

i don't get it either - but then again, i've not had restriction on fluids with meals. as far as Snacks go, i have 1 to 2 per day depending on the kind of workout i've had. 3 meals alone would not sustain the daily workouts & caloric intake needed for weightloss...for me only of course.

my Snacks are hummus/veggies/fruit/nuts/yogurt/cottage cheese/cheese/etc.

I am also having my surgery tomorrow!! Good Luck, I will say a prayer for both of us. Celeste.

Way to go!:smile2:

my surgeons office said to wait 5 minutres before and 1 minutes after for liquids. to be on the safe side, i've been waiting 30 minutes after finishing eating to drink something.

i love drinking with my meal and was really concerned about this but it turns out it's not such a big deal for me afterall.

I'm not allowed Snacks of any kind. Three meals per day and that's it. I was getting ravenous after and hour and 10 minutes of Water aerobics though, and coming home and hitting the chips before I could get dinner made. My doctor said that on water aerobics days, to eat a few almonds BEFORE I work out to hold me over. That's all I'm allowed. I also do 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after on the water....

My drinking is 30 before and 30 after, even for Snacks. I am allowed 1-2 snacks a day. Going to long between meals, slows down metabolism.