Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss stalled, any ideas?

Got surgery in january with Dr. Ortiz and Martinez (they both were there that day). Weight at surgery was 203. Lost about 15 pounds before that on the pre-op diet.

From my second fill in the middle of february through mid may I lost around 30 pounds. It's now mid august and I haven't lost a pound since sad.gif Stuck at 173-176.

I have a 4 ml band, and it's at 3.8ml so another fill is out of the question. I work full time, and go to school full time while helping my husband raise a family of 5 so any more structured exercising is kind of out of the question for at least another 2 years or so. I'm eating around the 1200 recommended calories per day.

I'm only 5'3" and would honestly like to lose another 30 pounds or so...

Questions!

Any help? Is it just a plateau I have to overcome in the weight loss? Is it common to stall for a bit? Anything else I can do? sad.gif

Yes ppl can stop losing weight for a bit. I know your busy with life but if u can you should try this . Work out to ur target heart rate for 4 mins use this link to find out what it is... Target Heart Rate Easy Online Calculator | Active.com

then once you hit 4 mins at ur target rate back down to Recommend heart rate for 2 mins. and then back to the target one. do this over and over for ur work out. This is a great way to recharge ur body to start the weight loss again. Im starting this today . Also go to a Walmart or sports store and buy a ecg accurate strapless heart rate watch. Follow this link to see what im talking about .Mio Ultimate ECG Accurate Strapless Heart Rate Watch with FREE shipping included.

I bought mine for $37.00 at walmart. best of luck!

~~jessica

Hello and congratulations on the weighrt you have lost. Yes people stall with the weight loss. I too have and am going through that phase. I have learned through the support groups and keeping up with this web site that it can be a common thing. I have lost 45 lbs within the last year-- however I really would of liked to have lost more. Our bodies go through a lot of changes with this band and the body has to catch up with itself. Others will say no way but as the Dr. and nutritionist tell me everyone is different and all will lose at a different rate. Just keep up with yourself, stay focused and don't give in, to the downfall of being stuck. You will start losing again. Praise yourself for the beginning of a new you.

You probably don't want to hear this-and I have no idea what you are eating- but for me, carbs slow my loss down. That doesn't mean zero carbs. You can have fruit and vegetables. Also, make sure you are drinking enough Water to flush out your system. Lemon in the water helps too.

I am not an excersizer either, but I take the stairs more often.

I have a 4 ml band, and it's at 3.8ml so another fill is out of the question. sad.gif

Another board Im on a nurse who works with lapbands said you can fill a 4 cc band up to 4.6, because of the tubing. Someone with a 4 cc fill said they are still hungry and she recommended filling it more than 4 cc and said its common where she works.

You probably do need another fill.

I agree, you need to look at what you are eating, I would guess that you have gotten away from your post opt diet. For me everytime I get to a place where I stall in weight loss I go back to what worked in the begining. minimum of 3 protine shakes a day and my Vitamins. Like it or not if you want to get to the opitum weight you got to excercise.

I thought that all I needed to do was control my eating, but for me I have to exercise.