Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Personal Question - TMI - Incontinence?

I really have no place to ask this, I'm super embarassed, and have been on webmd all night, and I feel so weird! First off, I'm 24, and in the testing stages before lapband. For a while, I've always had that "need to pee NOW" issue. A few times, I've accidently slightly peed my pants on the way to the bathroom, before I could get my pants down. Now tonight for the first time since I was say, maybe 4, I peed my pants, like, totally. Thank God I was outside and no one saw it. I've had some tiny pain in my lower abdomen, but I have IBS and I've had ovarian cysts my whole life, and I've kind of gotten used to it. I'm going to be calling my doc on Monday and trying to get in right away, but I just feel totally ashamed, astonished, and embarased. I'm only 24, I would think, ok maybe if I've had a baby, thats expected, maybe if I was much older, than its ok, but I'm 24?? I just was wondering if there is anyone on here who has ever had the issue or has any advice, I just don't have anywhere to ask this because I'm so embarrased! Thanks for listening!

I have never full on peed my pants but I have leaked before. I hope you find out what's going on. -hug-

Thanks. I actually have been thinking about it more for a few minutes, and I've really noticed that lately (past few months) I've started having to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, not in the "oh no i have to go now" but just going. Strange.

Hi Nikko,

you may have some infection going on, or you simply may have some weakened muscles around the bladder or the bladder itself. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed, just go to your doctor and explain. I'm sure there's an explanation for it.

If it is weakened muscles, then there are exercises you can do to strengthen that region, but go to your doctor :thumbup:

Check with your gynecologist. I had this issue after having 4 children but I would imagine carrying extra weight could cause it as well. I never full out lost it but I did have the urgency and the leaking if I so much as sneezed. When I had a hysterectomy last year he did a procedure that lifted up my bladder and the problem is gone. It's a very minor surgery by itself. If infections and other causes are ruled out that might be what your problem is.

My doc told me that incontinence can be caused by weight but she didnt think I had it....it's a comorbid.

*hug* do not be ashamed or embarrassed hon, it's not your fault. Hope things went well with the doctor. Keep us posted.

Have you ever tried cagle exercises? The best way I learned to do it is while you are going make your self stop and start again. It will built up the muscle down there. There are medications that you can try but they are a shot in the dark as to which one will work for you. My best friend had this problem and she is the one who taught me the cagle exercises. Good luck!

All good suggestions but I'd be straight in to see your gynae. If you have an ovarian cyst its a high possibility that there's a gynaecological cause for this.

My sister for example, 39, fit as anything, a marathon runner, never had a baby. Has suffered all her life with endometriosis, badly. Suddenly got the urgency issue, really badly. Went in for a laporoscopy, her endo is wildly out of control again and ALL over her bladder, constricting it badly. Fixed totally by getting rid of all the endo during the laparoscopy.

So do check it out, it may be more than weight and/or weak pelvic floor.

I loooooove kegal exercises. If you do them during sex it can spice things up too :wink2:

I've had incontinence probs since I don't even know when, probably late teens or early 20s and BEFORE I had a baby. As my weight went up, so did my problems.

Since I've had my surgery, I've seen my problems decrease. It's still a good idea to get checked out though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches