Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Short Shorts!

What is the deal????

Trying to find shorts that do not show the fat thighs are VERY hard to find. I have a pair of old b/j shorts that come about an inch above the knee - and they hide everything that needs to be hiden - all the dimples and bumps from cellulite!

Since I am so tired of trying on shorts, I got my tape measure out, measured the seam on the outside and started shopping & measuring the outer seam as soon as I found something long enough that caught my eye. But the next problem was the bottom part of the leg flares out and makes your thighs look bigger then they actually are. Looks like huge bells

Im fixin to start my own designer clothes.... who ever makes plus size short shorts with flare out legs NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!

Anyone relate?

Oh yeah! Gotta love those bell shorts. NOT!!! I have the same problem with length too. I hate hoochie mama short shorts that come up high between my thighs and ride up all of the way with each and every step that I take. I gotta have the longer ones that come almost down to my knees just so that that DOESN'T happen.

Thank God I still have these ones I'm wearing now. And luckily I bought 2 pairs (just different colors) back when I got them. I think I bought them from Roman's or Lane Bryant back in the day, and they are the longer inseam, with the 20 inch overall length too!

They're a bit big on me now, but who cares! They cover my fat legs and are comfie! Gotta love it!

Kellygirl - I found some!!!

In the men's section! Honestly! The men's b/j shorts are much longer and have tapered legs - no flare out bells!!!!

I swear by capris. Until I lost weight I always thought they looked ridiculous on me but now I love them. I wear bike shorts to work out but for casual wear I like the plants a skosh longer. I'm so tall that capris actually end right about my knees.

Liz Claiborne sells great shorts in her plus size Liz collection-just the right length and cut without flaring-I love her clothes.

Lucky you, capris hit me at the ankles, b/c of being height challenged!

And petite sizes don't go big enough. Wish they made just plain short and plump sizes. LOL

You girls might want to try Old Navy....they are advertisting the longer-tapered shorts...just an idea!

I am a capris girl until it's unbearable hot then it's shorts, but watch out next summer or maybe even the end of this summer!!!!

M

I just went to Wal Mart and I looked for shorts, NO luck but I did find a cropped style Capris that hit right above the knee,( not as long) they are very light weight and come in a variety of great summer colors bought myself 4 pairs, in hot pink, turquoise, light green and denim size 10 and 4 adorable tops to go with each pair I also looked for the Skorts you bought Paula, but they did not have a size 10, they are adorable though.

Michelle, i saw those cropped capris - you like em'? I may go try some on and see how I look in them. I actually thought that was what Alexandrea was talking about. You are right, they have several of cute summer colors in those short capri's. They would certainly solve my problem for hiding the fatty thighs!

Margo, I -NEVER- shop at Old Navy. No reason why, I just forget about that store! Thanks for telling me about the shorts there - Im definately going to look there!

Funny you should talk about starting a plus-size business since that's one of those far-away dreams I often have. I have major issues with plus sizes because they make them for average heights. I'm 5' 10" so all pants are capris to me. I hem lots of shorts, too.

Well I have to report that I am wearing size 10-12 shorts with a short inseam.. My legs could look better (have a spot on the back of my leg that has a spider web and the veins on my legs are so noticeable), but what the heck, I'm wearing a size I haven't been in quite a while, can't wait to get my tt next month. So I am sorry that you gals are having a rough time, I can totally relate, been there many years. And you know what's worse that when bathing suit season rolls around all you can find in our sizes are those wild wacky 80 year old grandma prints, what's up with that??? So who is really creative with designing on this board, lets get your business started. We are a huge market of women that want better fitting clothes. So who's our next top designer???