Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well not sure where to start with this. I had my surgery on May 8th and I just had my second fill on Friday of 1cc. The doc said that I seem to be in a good tight place with my band. I am losing about 2 lbs a week. At least this past month anyway. Now I have tried things like soda which I cant drink anymore and I tried Pasta which I DEFINITELY cant eat anymore. I took a few bites and I was hurting so I stopped eating it. Now there has only been a few times where I have felt pain after eating and it's only been about 3 times. Not extreme pain just extremely uncomfortable, but I have a few burps and I'm better. :party: Now the whole point of this post is to find out if anyone has stretched their new pouch and how do you find out if you have. Becuz there is times that I can eat just about anything and then times I can only eat a few bites. Not sure if it's becuz I sometimes dont drink before meals and sometimes I do because I drink and then my stomach starts growling. I asked the doc how I would tell if I stretched my new pouch if I would be in extreme pain..and he said "not necessarily" I thought to myself..shit that means I have stretched it out, so that surgery was for nothing now.:tt1: So I am freaking out...has anyone thought they stretched their new pouch and had it tested? :confused2:

PLEASE HELP I AM FREAKING OUT OVER HERE!!

DOLPHIN:crying:

We have a great support staff at the office and they have been really helpful and reminding us how we need to work with the band.

I think we all want something that will make us stop eating (I know I do) - but that is not really what the band is there for. The band is really there to help us feel more satisfied and think less about food between meals so we can make better choices. We still have to make the choice of how much to eat, when to stop, what to eat and how often.

Our fill nurse runs support groups and she says over and over that the point is not eating until you are full. We still really have to think about how much we should be eating and make choices about only eating that much. Hopefully we can recognize that we are satisfied - maybe not eating like we used to, until the point that we were really full.

Since I have decided to hold off on fills and try to get a handle on eating mindfully myself for a while, I do get hungry often between meals. But I am finding that it is a much smaller amount of food that does fill me up when I really make the choice to slow down and enjoy what I am eating.

Since I don't really have any restriction, I know I could stretch my pouch if I eat too much. I am sure there have been a few times I have eaten more that I should have. I think if you really have concerns, that is something to certainly discuss with your physician and staff when you have an appointment. I know I could probably have them look at my band if I had some real concerns about doing something to it at this point.

Good luck!

I know what you what you are saying I spoke to my dr about it and he reminded me that I should not drink 30 min before a meal and 1 hour after a meal. he said we should be able to eat food that would add up to the size of an egg and if we put a drink on top of that it would just flush it through the pouch. So I stopped drinking and eatting again and it seem to be working. try that and see if helps. I kept telling him that sometimes I could eat anything and he said it was because i was drinking and flushing it through the pouch.

:party:

he said we should be able to eat food that would add up to the size of an egg and if we put a drink on top of that it would just flush it through the pouch.:unsure:

An egg :( I thought we could eat 1/2 a cup and it was ok. An egg is an even smaller amount. I keep worrying if Iv harmed the location of my pouch. I was allowed to start mushys after 3 days on a clear liquid diet. I had a spoon of applesauce night 2.

Hopefully, it isnt that easy to dislodge or they would find a better way to do this, but if you are really worried your doctor should be able to use the fluorscope to check the placement of the band. My doctor only charges an extra $100 cash to do this.

Thank you so much for your replies I really appreciate it. I was hoping for a bigger response..but I do believe I'm going to call my doc and ask him for the flourscope thing to see if it really is stretched out or if I'm just being paranoid.