Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On a website where we can sometimes go when we have complications or just to get things off out chest, it can scare people who are thinking about getting the band.

I just wanted to let those who are scared know that I just had six strawberries for Breakfast...

...and I am so full now that I can't move.

Go on banding...

Edited by cb11213

On a website where we can sometimes go when we have complications or just to get things off out chest, it can scare people who are thinking about getting the band.

I just wanted to let those who are scared know that I just had six strawberries for breakfast...

...and I am so full now that I can't move.

Go on banding...

P.S.

What are reputation points? What is rep power?

That is so true. I used to come to this site a lot before I was banded, but I heard a lot of stories of people having all kinds of troubles and complications and I was scared. But I have been banded since March 10th and I just had my first fill about 2 weeks ago. I have not had 1 bit of trouble. I can pretty much eat whatever I want, only a little bit. I've had strawberries, watermelon, ribs, anything....Just in very small portions and I remember to chew. I have lost 30+ pounds since surgery and I work out 5 days a week. I think we need to make a thread for only positive experiences with the band, because the negative posts will scare anyone wanting the band. I still come and visit the site and post every now and then, but I like hearing positve band experiences. Thank you for posting this and letting me vent...=)

Go Band!!! LOL

I have had my band since May8th. I am so thrilled!! I have lost 22lbs. I know that when I start to eat that I wont lose as fast, but thats ok. I have already went down a size in jeans!! One more size and I can shop at Gap again. I just started on my mushies today!! I had a scrambled egg, and for dinner I had egg drop Soup with crunchies in it. I just chewed them very, very well!! No problem, except a little gas later. Sometimes I get gas just breathing. lol

I agree about the negative stuff. It happens!!! Its a struggle, but so is living!! Its soo worth it in the end!! You will feel soo much better and have soo much energy!! I love it!! If you are thinking about being banded, research, and make sure its right for you!!:woot:

I, personally, think that being kind of sick when you eat bread is no where near as bad as being fat and unhappy. Nice work, everyone.

Let's bump this thread up so we get some positive energy around here.

I was just banded on Wednesday and am SOOOO not regretting it!!! Am I a little sore? Sure, but I have discovered the beauty of a warm compress today so I am up and moving around fairly easily. YAY!!! I also have yet to be hungry and I am still on Clear liquids. My only "negative" is that it's almost 100 degrees here and I can't use my swimming pool until next weekend. lol.

I am rather impressed on how it's been so far!!!

Thanks for the positive notes! I was banded on Tuesday and read some things today on this board that was not, shall we say, helpful? Downright scary!

I want to hear SUCCESS stories, please!

Want to hear a success story? I have lost 4 pounds a week since surgery. I can't eat bread, but I shouldn't be anyway. I healed up in 1 week, totally healed in 2 weeks. I honestly have to tell you the worst part is the healing, and even that isn't bad.

No pain now, thank God. Thank God for so much GOOD that has come from this surgery.

Please, don't be scared. The Lap Band is a beautiful thing! It HELPS! Bad stuff happens, but, heck, a LOT of bad things happen to obese people!

Lets say that you have some complications...

would you rather be:

a.) Don't have the surgery and be obese and sick

--or--

b.) Have the surgery, maybe have a complication and be thin and sick

???

lol, I think the choice is obvious.

And KristyK... imagine how great it's going to be to go swimming next year -- IN A BIKINI!

Edited by cb11213

would you rather be:

a.) Don't have the surgery and be obese and sick

--or--

b.) Have the surgery, maybe have a complication and be thin and sick

???

lol, I think the choice is obvious.

I loled at that. :thumbdown:

I lol'd too!!!

I really have to say I am amazed at how GOOD I feel!!! I am down 3.8lbs since Wednesday myself. YAY!!!

I lol'd too!!!

I really have to say I am amazed at how GOOD I feel!!! I am down 3.8lbs since Wednesday myself. YAY!!!

Congrats! I am so happy I am actually losing before having surgery. Maybe I can actually be in the 300's before my surgery!:thumbdown:

Thank God for this post, I was so put off by the negative 'complications' section that I cancelled the operation that was due in Jan of this year. However with some good expert advice I decided to go for it and I got banded on Thursday. I'm so excited and I really think positive posts help all us bansters so much!