Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! This is my first post even though I've been reading avidly here for months. I am so happy I found this site, because I have learned tons and it helped me really make the decision to pursue Lap Band surgery.

I found out a little over a week ago that I was approved by Ins. and scheduled for surgery on May 16th. I was thrilled that it is was happening so fast, but now that it is only days away, I'm absolutely terrified and having second thoughts. I'm not really sure what it is I'm afraid of. I'm frightened of the actual procedure, simply because I'm not great with anesthesia, but I don't think that's my real fear.

I really think my underlying panic is the fear of failure. I've tried so many diets, and the weight always comes back. I just want to be healthy and look decent. I think I have gotten to the point of giving up that anything can fix this. I am praying that this is the real solution for me, and that I'm strong enough to use it to its potential.

Congrats on having your lapband surgery on Friday, how exciting! I like you, tried everything possible to lose weight and keep it off. I've been banded almost 2 years and I am thrilled with my results. When you get good restriction food will no longer control your life. Maintaining your weight loss is easy when you have good restriction. I love being able to eat anything I want, just less of it. I am 10 lbs from goal right now and don't look back. I am so glad I made this decision. Good luck on Friday.

Congrats on your upcoming band date. I am like you in the way that I'm afraid of failure once again. I know when I get my new tool that I will finally make it. I have a great support system with my surgeon and nutritionist that I know she will really help me if I need it.

Hi Journee, I was having ups and downs with my decision, but I now feel very informed and ready. This site has helped so much because real people just like you and I have gone through it and are happy they did. I found out about a book on this website called Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band by Robert Sewell, MD. It addresses that fear of failure that all of us have experinced at one point in time. We all have lost weight for short periods of time only to gain it back and then some. With our LB tool and with support, we never have to fail again. I found the book on Amazon.com. It talks about all aspect of surgery..pre, post, during and food planning. My LB is tomorrow morning at 7:00 and I can't wait! It is a little scary having surgery but it is more scary facing multiple health problems that obesity can cause. I hope you find peace with your decision or wait until you are sure. Best Wishes to you. I'll let you know how mine goes, ok? Becky:tongue_smilie:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches