Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have any good or bad you can tell me about lap band at Tallgrass in Topeka?

Do they help you get approved by your insurnace company?

How do you sign up for a seminar? I have looked on the web and it tells very little about the lap band.

I am from Kansas City and am trying to make the best decision as to where to go for the lap band procedure. Any help would be appreciated!

yes, of course, they'll help you deal with insurance. It's how they get paid. They know what your insurance requires and they'll help you find a way to meet the requirements. Northwest Surgery Center has a really good page on what you need to do:

Adjustable Gastric LAP-BAND Surgery Insurance Coverage Information

If you want to learn more about Lap Bands, you should check out the manufacturer's site:

Home

As well as read as much here as you can. There is great stuff in the magazine here. Have fun.

Hello, I had my lap band surgery by Dr. Joseph Petelin associated with Shawnee Mission Medical Center. He is outstanding!!! I am not familiar with Tall Grass. But there are quite a few great drs. (by reading different boards) in KC. Good luck to you.

I am going through Tallgrass with Dr. Steward. He is really sweet and straight frwd and answer all ur questions. They give you everything that you will need to have ur insurance accept it. Attend a seminar first and how you do that is to call them. Then you call ur insurance co to make sure that they answer all the ins and outs of getting the lapband....if they cover it...how much of it do they cover...do they cover pre op appts, consultation, fills, etc. If they require a 6 month diet etc....then you call ur reg doc and ask him his opinion if he will ok the surgery. Tallgrass made me do a psych eval, meet with a dietician, get approval from reg doc, quitting smoking if you're a smoker, etc. My reg doc for him to approve it he wanted me to get a sleep test done as well as Dr. Steward.

If you do decide to go to a seminar take a notepad with you. When I called Tallgrass they set me up to go to a seminar that is how you do that part at least.

good luck to you sweetie and welcome to lbt!!!

did you have to pay for the surgery? If so, how much? I donot think my insurance is going to cover so I may have to pay myself

My insurance co is paying 80%

and i'm paying 20%

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches