Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone feel like they can't stop eating during their TOM? I've read on here where alot of people get really tight but i'm quite the opposite...i feel like i could eat all day long and eat anything and everything...i've been banded for almost 8 weeks, and i've had one fill. i was craving a hamburger the other day so i ate it...all of it...if you think about it, it's probably more than a cup...i didn't feel full...however i felt super guilty...is this thing going to get tighter? or is it just because i hit my TOM....i wasn't really like this before...i've been eating what i should and counting Protein and staying away from all the "bad" food...but right now i want to eat everything i see!

TOM is rough for me too. I cravvvveeee things so much and I can eat anything during that time. Not to mention I always go up 2-3 pounds at that time regardless of what I eat (but it dissappear after a few days, maybe it is just Water weight). I am also moodier and more impulsive. It is not a great combination.

I just suck it up and try to bear it without sabotaging my efforts. I am afraid of losing 1-2 weeks worth of progress over a few bad days a month.

thanks for responding! it's just freaking me out! i'm never full!

since you're all banded, and talking about your TOM, I have to ask another question.... I have my surgery tomorrow and I got my little friend tonight. Lucky, lucky me.... the clinic said to just wear panties during the operation and it'll be fine, but I'm worried about afterwards... since you guys have been through it and I have an audience willing to discuss it.... do you think I'll be in too much pain to "manage" it the couple days after the surgery? If you had to do it all again and had your little friend along for the ride, would you re-schedule?

bettyb -- No, I wouldn't reschedule. But that's bc it took so long for me to get a date, I wasn't going to reschedule unless the place caught on fire and I had to. I don't think its too much to manage...but it's up to you.

since you're all banded, and talking about your TOM, I have to ask another question.... I have my surgery tomorrow and I got my little friend tonight. Lucky, lucky me.... the clinic said to just wear panties during the operation and it'll be fine, but I'm worried about afterwards... since you guys have been through it and I have an audience willing to discuss it.... do you think I'll be in too much pain to "manage" it the couple days after the surgery? If you had to do it all again and had your little friend along for the ride, would you re-schedule?

I was able to wear panties during my op (wasnt during TOM either they just let me) and personally I found the surgery to be not all that bad and was up going to the washroom easily. I would say if you are comfortable wearing a pad then to do so - I dont think changing it would be hard and you just have to ask for your bag of things when you go into the area after surgery. Good luck with your surgery.

no, i think i would have been fine...i'm sure they'll set you up with a big fluffy pad and then you'll have some high power drugs so you'll be in lala land for most of it =) do you have to stay the night or anything? i could get up, walk, go potty, wipe everything just fine.

Betttybboop - My TOM came conveniently the night before my scheduled surgery...I went anyway and i was still able to manage. It was actually kinda nice to get them both over at the same time...They want you to get up and walk asap anyway, so it wasn't bad at all....

My fiance thinks me getting it all overwith at the same time is a gift from God! I never thought of the extra strong drugs. This might turn out to be my best period yet! The first one ever without cramps! Thanks Ladies! I'm looking forward to the stretchy undies, fluffy pad, hard drugs and happy fiance.... oh yeah, and the band! WHOO HOO!

My TOM started the day before. It was fine. You are supposed to be getting up anyway, so it is no big deal.

I find m the total opposite, and my appetite goes, i think its because i get such cramps and really bad pain, food is the last thing on my mind. You siad that you were able to eat without feeling full, maybe you might need a fill?

does anyone feel like they can't stop eating during their TOM? I've read on here where alot of people get really tight but i'm quite the opposite...i feel like i could eat all day long and eat anything and everything...i've been banded for almost 8 weeks, and i've had one fill. i was craving a hamburger the other day so i ate it...all of it...if you think about it, it's probably more than a cup...i didn't feel full...however i felt super guilty...is this thing going to get tighter? or is it just because i hit my TOM....i wasn't really like this before...i've been eating what i should and counting Protein and staying away from all the "bad" food...but right now i want to eat everything i see!

I think I eat about the same maybe less. Probably less though. I get hemmoroids and a constipated feel when I am on my TOM plus I am really heavy and crampy.

If my period started before surgery, I'd still do it. I'd just bring me a stash of tampons and pads woohoo LOL