Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My "Secret" Fantasy

I hate Victoria and her stupid secret. The only secret she has is she's probably bullemic. I've been boycotting them for years and write them nasty letters when they send me cataloges because they don't cater to plus size (uh, REAL) women.

So I have this fantasy, kinda a Pretty Woman scene. I spend hours with the sales clerk at Vicky's Secret selecting thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. Then, after they ring up the purchase, I tell them I changed my mind and make them back off the entire sale." Then I spin on my heels and tell them I decided to go buy some pretty bras at JC Penny who loved me even when I was fat.

Can we do that in a lot of stores.

Banna Republic

Gap

Fredrick of Hollywood

Macy's (W Dept alway suck)

New York & Co.

Amecrombie and Fitch

I can go on foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I say we start doing it in ALL the stores! I just bought 2 for $10.00 sports bras at Walgreen's Drug stores. They have always carried plus size!

Wow, I didn't even know that Walgreen's carried Bra's. JC Penny's is haveing a huge sale this weekend by the way. So that's where I am headed. I too hate Victoria's Secret and only remember going there when I was about 16 years old. ANd even then they didn't have my size when I weighed 135. My butt was too big. Even though I looked HOT. I had too many curves to fit into those toothpick thin panties.

Lane Bryant is okay, they have our sizes, but they charge soooooo much. The more material they have to use, the more expensive it seems. Unless of course they have there sale racks out. They usually have like 50%- to 70% off racks in there store at the back. But I don't think I have ever seen bra's and stuff on the sale racks.

I must admit I was a HUGE Vic Secret buyer. When I was 20-30 this is ALL I would buy. I even had a charge card from them! I bought the clearance catalog all the time. But alas, their largest size is 38 D for most and I am a 40-42 DD right now.

For the past 2 years, I buy all my bras and panties from Lane Bryant. I LOVE them! They tend to have the "buy one get one free" a lot and occasionally the "$12.99 or "$9.99" bra with the "5 panties for $25. " I also pretty much dress head to toe in Lane Bryant.

Word of warning for Lane Bryant shoppers.... their "catalog" is NOT theirs, they sold the name and the clothing nor the sizes are the same. Only online is it actually Lane Bryant. I found this out the hard way. :)

I had a terrific shopping experience in Kohls. Are they national?? The bra chic from vanity fair was there setting up her section. After a few crushing minutes of me not finding a good 40 D for me I asked for help. She was a braexperit. She wizzed around the floor and handed me 5 to try on. I have now three perfectly fitting bra's. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a loooooooooooooooooooong time. Experienced fitters are almost an existint breed, only at the exclusive lingerie shops of Medison Avenue can you still find them. I'm not squished, bouncing or bulging - go figure?

When I was thinner, for about three weeks I was able to fit into a single Victoria's Secret bra. I only found one style in 38B! So, I'm with DeLarla: to hell with them.

And another thing: what about all those catalogs that charge more for women's sizes? Supposedly more fabric is required. OK, but why don't they charge less for petites?

Jenna, thanks for the LB catalog explanation. I always wondered why the catalog looked so shabby and never featured the LB store clothes! Debby, there are Kohl's stores in about half the states now. I think Kohl's is part of the old Kohl's grocery store chain in S. Wisconsin, founded by the family of Sen. Herbert Kohl (D-Wis). The guy should run for president!

I shop at Lane Bryant or Roamens (online) because they always show the lenght of the shirts. I like LOOOOONG shirts to cover up..

The only thing I don't like about them is that allll the models are skinny and the clothes all look great on them. It is a plus size store so why not have plus size models. I have talked to them and so have a few of my friends but who's gunna listen to me?