Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to shrink a streched pouch?!?!?!?

After waiting 5 months for a fill (Doc's fluro broken) I go in and the barium showed that my pouch has streched a bit.:biggrin: She gave me a .5cc fill and said that if I eat very small portions that it should go down.

Anyone have any other ideas???:confused2:

Thanks

I wish I did I'm always afraid I have streatched my pouch too. I'll have to check this thread back to see if there are any good suggestions.

I was wondering why you had to wait 5 months for a fill? My doctor doesn't need to use flouro to do a fill. I would just try to keep my meals at 1000 cals a day or less. Good luck.

Someone posted this link on this board a while ago. I took a look at it and thought if I ever wondered if my pouch was stretched, I'd give it a try. It looks pretty easy.

Usually for a dilated pouch they UNfill you and put you on liquids for a few weeks. That gives the pouch time to go back into place.

The thinking being less restriction vs. more is that you want nothing staying in the pouch to hold the size large, everything should pass through immediately such as liquids.< /p>

I had a fair bit of pain recently and the results of the barium said:

The pouch above the band is considered to be generous in size and prominent. There are signs of tight restriction at the level of the band.

My doc did a partial unfill and I have one week's liquids, one week's mushies. I sincerely hope this addressed the problem.

I feel a bit embarrassed as, although I have good weight loss, maybe I have been cramming my pouch with too much food. I also drink with meals, which I ought to stop.

Does anyone else have any experience with a stretched pouch?

I've been banded since Aug. 17, 2007. Pretty sure that my pouch has stretched out so I'm going to try the 5 day diet that was linked above. Hoping that works :w00t: :thumbdown:

Thank you for posting the link again about the 5 day test. I haven't been on for a bit.. .got really sick from stress... went right back to liquid phase diet- becuase I am scarred to death of vomiting and stretching. Anyhoo, the out come of liquid shakes and large amounts of Water was a tight pouch. Dr said all is well and I haven't streched (thank goodness). Now that stress has gone down... I am starting back on semi-solids.

Again, thanks for posting the link.

Did any of you follow the liquid diet and did your pouch shrink? I went to the dr. yesterday for a FILL after my pregnancy, to be told that they had to unfil b/c my pouch was dialted. I asked what I should eat and they told me 'it's up to you'. Thankfully I have been reading through all these threads and see that I should stay on liquids and mushy food for awhile, but I don't know how long so I'd like some advice on how it worked for others.

Edited by KCPBANDED

I am not banded yet... hopefully next month!!! But I was wondering if it would hurt to do the pouch shrinking diet once a month. I mean maybe the last 5 days of the month, once a month. It will help start the next month... I am so eager to get the band, I swear I dream of it every night...:thumbup: I just can't wait till June 3rd....

I have an appt next week for a fill with the flouro. (it's been 2 yrs since my last flouro) and I am curious as to the size of my ouch. My upper abdomin seems to bulge out alot, especially after I eat or drink...I'm hoping all is okay, but am thinking about trying the 5 day pouch test just in case.